(6) Troubled Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Are we all ready to go?" Luz asked both Gus and I. We had breakfast before packing our stuff. Now we were outside the inn.

"Yes! I am so excited to meet the king and queen. I wonder what they'll think of me."

"They'll think you're the coolest guy to have around."

"You are more energetic than before, Gus," I commented.

"It's all because of you guys. I have hope for the future, and it makes me motivated to see what's waiting for me. There were times where I thought my life would be over and that I should give up. That's not the case anymore."

"Amity and I will always be there to support someone no matter who they are. Right, Am?"

"Right," I smiled brightly.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

--------------------------------------------

Luz's POV

I can't believe we're heading home already. It felt too quick to just leave after staying at Bonesborough for a day. Yesterday wasn't what I expected, but the good thing was that Amity wasn't harmed, we went to buy some goods, and we are taking a new friend home with us.

"Tell more about yourself my friend," I walked into the woods with my hands resting on the back of my head.

"I'm currently nineteen years old. I used to work as a cook which made me passionate to make food for others. I was loved by most of the people at Bonesborough before everything had happened."

"Do you mind telling us about the Death Battle?"

"I don't mind at all. I remembered it like it was yesterday. During the Death Battle, I was able to defend myself and other people who lived in my area. I made sure the children were safe and evacuated away from our town. Houses were burned down, including mine, so there was nowhere for me to live. My dad and I split up, so we can help as many people as we can. After the battle was over, I found out from my neighbor that my father was killed. Hearing the news shattered my heart even more now that both my parents are gone. I had nobody left in this world but myself," Gus tightened his hands to a fist.

"Your dad fought hard. I know you're proud of him for what he has done for your guy's community," I patted Gus's shoulder.

"I definitely am proud of him. Now that I think about it, maybe I want to be a knight instead. I want to avenge my father and carry his legacy with me by serving as a chevalier for your kingdom Princess Amity."

"You're willing to do that?" Amity sounded astonished.

"Yes. I did say I would cook for your family, but my heart is telling me to become a knight to protect people. I do want to get revenge for my father's death. If the king and queen allows me to be a chevalier, I will still cook for them when there is enough time for me to do so."

"It's a great idea. I would've done the same if I were you. You have passion and dignity to be a knight. That means you'll be with my mom whenever you guys are deployed to a specific location."

"It makes me even more excited now that I will meet your mom to see what she's like as a general."

"Let's just say she's one of a kind."