017 ;; you asked for this.

Following the aftermath of the previous game, the four you that remained were led back to your original quarters. As you all walked in suffocating silence, processing the events that had just happened, three out of the four of you were highly unaware of the crimson liquid that trickled behind you, leaving a path that followed you all the way to the sleeping chambers.

Entering the room, you took note about the four beds that were left. Two each were on another side of the wall, a considerable distance from the one next to it. You observed the almost desolate room, noticing the paintings on the wall. There, you could clearly see that each painting depicted all of the games you were forced to play this far, leaving you wondering how you didn't possibly notice it sooner.

You were snapped out of your daze when you heard Sae-byeok's quivering breath next to you as she struggle to make her way to one of the beds. You moved to her side, peering at her curiously. She looked sickly pale, her lips being deprived of the once rosy-hue it had, as well as being tremendously chapped.

"Are you alright?" you softly questioned her, trying not to alarm the two males who appeared to have their own confrontation going on. You paid them no mind, just aiding the girl along towards the nearest bed. "Sae-byeok, you can tell me if something happened, yeah? What's the matter?"

"I'm fine," the woman weakly voiced with a shaky tone, but her words were far from truthful. She laid down on the bed, with you sitting down next to her. "I'm just.. the last game messed me up. It was scary."

You hummed, not believing her words, but you digressed and focused your attention on the two men who were nearly about to resort to physical violence. They were practically at one another's throats, a threatening stare down between them. You considered intervening, but you were interrupted the alarm blaring before you were able to make your decision.

The doors slid open, revealing a handful of guards. Four of them held boxed in their hands as all of them marched into the room. You still heard Sae-byeok breathing heavily next to you, but you forced yourself to listen as Square greeted you all with a congratulatory speech at having made it this far.

"Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games. The four of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought."

You were lost in thought, completely cancelling out Sae-byeok's trembling breath as she stared at the guards with a slightly fearful expression. The guards holding the boxes began to make their way over to you all, extending them out for you to grab. You reluctantly took the package, examining the way it was decorated.

Reluctantly, you and Sae-byeok made your way towards the female restroom, and you obviously took note of the stagger in her step as she walked. Since you were trailing directly behind a guard, you decided to just wait until you were in the privacy of the bathroom to interrogate her.

"You can.. go first," she mumbled out when you were standing outside of the door. "I.. I'll wait."

You shook your head. "Just come in there with me, Sae-byeok. I could change in the stall if you're uncomfortable with it, but it would be faster if we changed at the same time."

The woman looked hesitant, but slowly bobbed her head in agreement nonetheless and the two of you entered the bathroom. She made her way towards the mirror, which was then you could clearly perceive the blood that was soaking through the jacket of her track suit.

"Sae-byeok," you called softly, walking up to the woman. "The glass from the last game.. it cut you badly, didn't it?" She looked reluctant to answer you. "If you're badly injured, it should be a given that you receive treatment for it, Sae-byeok."