Brady shook his head. "I have two left feet."

"Rubbish, Matty, tell him he needs to dance with her. You plan to dance with Victoria."

"I hope to, Millie. Dancing is romantic, mate. We can teach you."

Brady said, "I'd rather go to the beach."

Harry said, "Dancing is a skill a man never regrets."

"I can't imagine my old man dancing."

"You're not like your old man." Matthew had heard Brady's father liked the bottle. "Come on, mate. Lily-Two will love it."

Millie laughed. "I'll be his partner."

"I want to." Martha whined.

"The point is for Brady to win Lily's heart back, not pick one of you. Martha, you can get your toes stepped on. Millie and I will model."

Brady was a smart guy, but dancing was a struggle. Harry watched and gave pointers until he called to his wife. Wendy had a towel over her shoulder when he reached out his hand and spun her into his arms. She looked twenty years younger in her shorts and bare feet.

The four from the younger generation watched. The couple had an intimacy. Matthew whispered to Brady. "There's Lily's romance." He hoped his parents would be an inspiration for Victoria.

His mum spun out of his dad's arms and took Brady's hand.

"The only dancing I knew when I met Harry involved shaking my hips."

"You were a sight." She stared at him. "You still are, love."

She smiled. "I learned. You can, too."

In ten minutes, his mother helped Brady find his right foot.

"Well done. Now we have work to do. Move the furniture to make room for dancing."

The work kept Matthew busy, but it could steal his worry. Brady was more relaxed. "Why are you calm?"

Brady shrugged. "Should I text Victoria? I'm worried Lily won't show up?"

"Brilliant."

Brady tapped into his mobile, and Matthew felt sick. Brady smiled.

"What?" Matthew didn't think he'd survive the day.

"Lily told her she didn't want to go without her." He tapped. "Come. I miss my Tiger Lily."

If it weren't so important, Matthew would feel bad about manipulating Lily to convince Victoria.

After the longest day of his life, they returned to his apartment to shower and shave. For a baby face, Brady always needed a shave. Matthew often had scruff, but he wanted to dance with his smooth cheek against Victoria's silky skin.

Brady dressed in flat front tan shorts and a light pink button-down shirt. He wore soft, light leather shoes with laces. The soles looked like trainers, and they were the kind one might wear on a boat.

Matthew wore long white trousers and a blue short-sleeved button-down shirt. On his feet were grey loafers with a similar thicker sole.

Brady said, "They'd be crazy to turn us down."

Matthew frowned as he looked at his mobile. "I texted Lily, and she hasn't responded."

"Come on, mate. Let's go." Brady patted him on the back.

They arrived with the first guests. Matthew had seen the couple, but didn't know them.

His mother rushed to them. "Matthew, do you know the Doctors Drake? Nora saved us. This is our son."

He greeted the older couple, but he smiled and walked away when he heard the word grandchildren. He and Brady stood side-by-side watching and waiting.

Brady sipped a beer, but Matthew chose not to drink. If Victoria didn't show up, there was plenty of drink so he could get pissed. He looked at his phone. Still no text from Lily.

His Mum enjoyed her role as hostess. On the patio, his sisters looked beautiful. Martha wore a sophisticated white dress which could be worn to a garden party. Millie looked like a ray of sunshine in a yellow dress. They were both beautiful and graciously chatting with guests.

To his surprise, Victoria's parents walked toward him.

"Matthew, how are you?"

"Been better. How is she?"

Becka said, "Confused."

He didn't know if it was good or bad. John's face gave nothing away. Matthew's gut felt sour as he found words. "I didn't know you were coming."

Becka smiled. "Harry invited us when your parents stopped by."

"Stopped by?"

She nodded. "Your mother spent some time upstairs. I was excited to come because of your plan. Oh, I forgot the acronym."

"OTL." He felt dazed. "My Mum never mentioned meeting Vic."

"They had tea. Megan's invited too. She was inside this house when Alex built it."

Becka pointed to the man married to Rick's daughter. Matthew nodded. He wanted to ask if Victoria was coming. Before he could, his mum's voice caught his attention. She greeted someone.

Brady poked him, but he only saw two Lilies.