Chapter 30

Kagami's perspective~
Nova left the room and headed towards the courts.
"Glad to see she can put up with someone like you." I nudged Riko jokingly.
"You're lucky I'm in a good mood because of her. If not I would have kicked YOUR ass for that comment." She glared at me. "Well anyways... Why did you want me to tell her to leave?"

Before we came to the courts I had called Riko telling her that Nova was coming with me. I also asked they she make Nova leave a few minutes early to tell them something.

I let out a small huff and started to explain "Listen guys... Nova's a bit... Well defensive. Not in a bad way or anything." I waved my hand frantically to show it wasn't meant to be taken the wrong way. "Just she doesn't open up to people all that easy. Here let me explain."

I started to unravel the tale of how I met Nova and everything we had gone through. The bullying, the hospital, me dating Bethany, the Kaijo game, Bethany's picture, the field trip, her families death, everything. None of them said anything during or after I told the story.

"So yeah. Just be careful around her ok." My eyes has started to tear up but I decided not to cry in front of my team mates. Teppi walked up to me and patted my shoulder.
"Don't worry Kagami. If Nova is important to you then she's important to us. We'll be there for her too." He gave one of his goofy, toothy smiles.
Then Hyuga walked up too. "How about we win this game for Nova. It will give us all a good reason to fight even harder out there." He said in his serious tone.
Kuroko joined in the discussion "I agree with Hyuga-senpai. Let's do this for Nova-kun." He stated in his monotone voice.
"Alright you bakas. Come on let's go defeat Tōō for Nova!" Said Riko.

"AYE!" We all said together. The team and I walked out of the locker room feeling pumped. I was gonna crush Aoimine and prove to Nova I can beat my rival. Just you wait.