Chapter 8

I was bed ridden and in a hospital for the next week. Kagami refused to leave, so the doctors brought a separate bed for him to stay there. Even though he had a bed he hardly ever slept. He was always watching me, making sure I was ok. It was late at night and Kagami still hadn't fallen asleep. He's essentially had been up nonstop for the past few days. "Kagami you need to sleep." I ordered. "I'm fine now. You're making me more nervous by not sleeping." "I can't sleep. I've tried but every time I see you an all the pain I caused you. I'm sorry." He said. Heavy bags were under his eyes and he looked awful. I let out a sigh "*sigh* come here." I scooted ovens patted my bed. "W-what!?" He stammered. "Well if you can't sleep cause you're worried about me then come sleep with me." He looked at me like I was crazy. "What do I have two heads? Come. Now." He slowly made his way over and laid down. I turned over on my back to lay on my side. "Good night Kagami-kun." He turned me around and pulled me to his chest. My face was nuzzled up against him. His heart beat was steady and calming. "K-kagami!" I blushed a deep shade of red. "What now? I was just about to fall asleep." "Oh... Ok..." He held me tightly. "I'll protect you from now on." I didn't think it was possible for me to blush harder but I did. At the steady pace of his heart I was lulled to sleep.

Kagami perspective~
I knew I liked Nova. A lot. But she had built up walls to other people that even I couldn't break down. I watched her sleep soundly, nuzzled in my chest. She had the cutest little snores that were relaxed and calming. She was warm in my arms. I soon was fast asleep and out cold. I woke up and the warmth in my arms was gone.

I looked to see that Nova wasn't there. "Where did she go?" I jumped up. Bad idea. I felt blood rush to my head and felt dizzy. I shook my head and continued. I ripped the sheets off of the bed. 'You stupid Kagami? Why the hell would she be there?' I slapped my forehead in my stupidity. Then I heard Nova's voice. "What are you doing?" She looked at the sprawled sheets. "Ugh. I told you you're a pain! The sheets are everywhere." She shook her head in an annoyed fashion before looking at me with a smile. Something was off... OH SHES WAS STANDING! I ran over to her and grabbed her arms. "You're standing!" I was so happy. "Yeahhhh I know~" she looked at me like I was stupid for not knowing that. I gave her a hug and then realized what I was doing. I let her go and felt my face get hotter and hotter. "Haha..." She laughed and sighed. I looked closer to see had knee braces on. She walked closer to me stumbling and nearly feel over. "Gotcha." I caught her as she was falling and helped her stand back up.