Chapter 13

Kagami perspective~
It hurt, it hurt so much. My heart had been shattered. I destroyed Nova to try and keep her safe.

In math class she sat in the back of the room. She sat alone instead of being next to me. I missed how we would talk and laugh in math. I missed her.

Bethany walked over "Heeey babe~" she said. Her statement made me want to puke. I didn't love her, hell I didn't even like her! I hated this women. She caused me some pain but I can't even imagine what Nova suffered. "Hey-" I replied. "Come on! If you're gonna date me at least be happy about it." She pecked my cheek with a kiss. I can't quite explain the feeling but imagine a cactus kissing your cheek. Yeah that's what it felt like.

Nova kept silently crying in the corner. I glanced over at her but Bethany turned my head back. 'UGH why me!? No it's not me, it's this bitch I decided to date.' I tried to tell myself that it wasn't me who crushed Nova. That it was Bethany and her plan. The plan. But Nova didn't know about the plan. She thinks I'm actually dating Bethany.

A week later I had enough. Bethany was a vile monster. Everywhere I walked with her she made people cry. Calling them ugly, stupid, worthless and other terrible names. But not anymore, I was gonna do something about it.
"Bethany..."
"Yeah babe?"
I shivered at her calling me 'babe'.
"I'm done."
"What was that?"
"YOU HEARD ME! IM DONE WITH YOU!"
"Hmmm that's what I thought. Guess I'll go tell Nova that you hate her."
"Like she'd ever believe you..."
"She'd believe me more than a person she cared for that left her."
I stopped. She's right. Nova would really think I hate her. Who knows what other things Bethany might tell her.
"UGH! I don't care anymore. I can't be with you. I hate you!"
Bethany looked shocked. Maybe it was because while yelling I punched a locker leaving a light dent. I walked closer to her and bent down to her ear. "Just try touching Nova again and that locker will be you."
And with that I left to find Nova.