Chapter 26

"Ova... Nova... Nova!" Ms.Carter waved her hand in front of my face wait for a reaction.
"Oh!" I woke up and realized what was going on.
"*sigh* the final bell rang. Time to go home." She told me.

I slowly got up and saw Kagami standing in the door way, waiting for me. As I was walking over I decided to ask Ms.Carter something.

"Kagami you go ahead. I'm gonna ask Ms.Carter something. I'll see you at the house." "Are you sure? I can just wait." He replied.

"Don't worry Kagami I'll be here." Ms. Carter said resting her hand upon my shoulder. "Ok. See you there." With that he left.

"So what did you want to take about?" I locked eyes with the blonde women. "Ms.Carter what will happen to me if I go to an orphanage?" She was taken by surprise at my brutally honest question. "Um... I'm not quite sure what you're implying here Nova." "I mean if I go to an orphanage will I move schools? Will I not be able to see you or Kagami?" Tears started to build up in my eyes.

"I have no one else... I don't know who else to ask. My parents are in America and I have no contact with them. My relatives are dead and I cant pay for the house. What do I do?" I broke down.

Ms.Carter gave me a hug and patted my head. "Nova you are a beautiful, strong, kind and loving young lady. You'll get through this, I promise."
I continued to cry into her arms.

Then she asked me something I had always wanted but never knew I wanted it "Would you like me to adopt you?" I stopped my crying and shaking. With a shaky, raspy voice I replied "C-could you?" She nodded her head and gave a big smile. I hugged her back tightly and smiled.

"I'll need the paper work though. Oh and your belongings. And we'll have to get all sorts of check ups." She continue to ramble about the things we'd have to do. I was just to happy to do anything but smile. Ms.Carter was there for me when I needed her most, and now she'd always be there. I couldn't imagine anyone else but her being my adopted mother.

"Ms.Carter?" She stopped her muttering "Yes Nova?" "What's your name?" She laughed in an awkward way. She had never told me her name and now was my mother. "Haha. I guess you need to know that huh. Well my name is Stacy. Stacy Carter."
She held her hand out for me to shake it "Well Nova, we are in for one heck of an adventure." I returned her hand shake "That we are Stacy, that we are."

She pulled me by my arm into a hug. "Nova... You're gonna be alright." I nodded my head while in her arms. Ms.Carter wasn't going anywhere. I know that because I won't let anyone else die so long as I can help it.