Chapter 15

Kagami held up the sign with tears in his eyes and smile on his face. Out of no where the blond model Kise should up.
"Oiiiiiii Novacchi!" How the hell does he know my name?
"Kagamicchi and I were talking on the court. I told him you were in the bleachers. He didn't believe me and he got mad." Kise sighed. "How do you know me!?" I was so confused about how Kise knew who I was and what I looked like.
"Baka. Don't you remember!? I'm Momoi's friend. She talks about you ALL the time." He poked me on the forehead.
"Wait you're THAT Kise." I said. He gave an excited nod. "Oh my god! Hi!" I gave him a hug. "Glad to finally meet you Novacchi. But I think there's someone more important to see right now." He let me go and pushed me in the direction that Kagami was in.

I walked slowly down the stairs that lead to the basketball court. Kagami walked up to me.
"I guess I have a lot of explaining to do. You see... Bethany and me were never a thing. Truth is I love you." He blushed and put his hand of the back of his neck. "She was gonna hurt you so I became her boyfriend to protect you. But just like everything I do, I fucked up. I ended up hurting more than helping. I'm sorry. If you hate me I understand but I couldn't live not telling you how I feel." He said. And when he finished his statement we realized that the entire stadium was empty. Everyone had left, leaving us all alone.

"Kagami..." I stood on my tiptoes but he was still towering over me. He bent down a little so that we were eye level. I giggled at how tall he was compared to my shortness. I took a piece of his red mane into my hands. "Kagami I lov- umph" before I could finish Kagami cut me off with a kiss. It was as soft as feathers and as light as a snowflake. His kiss made my knees go weak and I was having trouble standing. Then he wrapped his arms around my waist so that I didn't fall. We broke apart and I blushed. He picked me up bridle style and carried me out of the stadium.

I nuzzled my head into his chest. 'Its warm. Just like when I was at the hospital.' The memory of him and I at the hospital made me smile. I loved Kagami with all my heart. Lizzy was right. I had found someone I love far more than I love basketball. Kagami accepted my flaws and differences. He was the only person to put up with all my difficulties and help me. He was the only person I had ever fully opened up to. He had broken down my walls. When we got home Kagami explained the entire story. He also made hilarious hand motions and facial expressions to tell stories of what Bethany did. He kept making fun of her and saying what a bitch she was. I had belly pains from laughing so hard. He was laughing too but then looked at me. He cupped my cheek in his hand and said "Are we friends again?" I grabbed his hand and then slapped him. "Bakagami! You kissed me and now we are just friends!?" "Hey hey I'm kidding." He patted my head and I pouted at the rude joke. "I'm sorry." He said while smiling. I looked back at him and cracked a small smile. "Ugh I can't stay made at you. Even if you are a pain." He laughed "Oh so I can't friendzone you but, you can call me a pain." "Yes." "Well then I guess I can tickle you too!" He attack my sides with his hands and began to tickle me. "He-hey! Th-that's not the s-same!" I couldn't contain my laughter. We laughed and laughed, staying up all night telling stories.

When it was around 12:00 I told Kagami he should go and get some sleep. "Ok." He stood up and walked, not in the direction of the front door, but towards MY room. He opened the door and I jumped on him. "What are you doing!?" Why was he going to my room? "Well you said I should get some sleep so I figured I sleep with you." I gave him a look like 'you know that's not what I meant'. "What it's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before." He said straightforwardly, reminding me that we slept together in the hospital. I blushed and relaxed my muscles. He took this as an opening to run and jump onto my bed. He stuck his tongue out at me like we were 5 and he had won a race to the bed. I gave a sigh and walked towards him. "Wow that was fast." I looked down at Kagami. He had already wrapped himself in the covers and was fast asleep. I smiled warmly and kissed his forehead. I whispered "You stay here, I'll go on the couch."

I got changed into a light blue tank top and some black fuzzy shorts. "Ah nothing beats PJs." I said to myself. I walked back towards the bed to check up on Kagami. Still fast asleep. The blankets had fallen off of him. 'Well I can't let him get cold.' I thought. I pulled the blankets to cover his body. When I did Kagami moved which pulled me down into the covers, and somehow I magically ended up in the bed. Kagami turned over again. He opened his eyes slightly to see what was on his bed. "Oh. Just you." His voice was tired and had a sleepy sound to it. And with that he took both of his muscular arms and wrapped them around me. I started to squirm in his arms to try and break free, like that was ever going to happen. I eventually gave up and laid there with him. He nuzzled his face into my brown locks and whispered "Good night Nova. I love you."