46- Moonlight Sonata Murder Case

Start from the beginning

" Well this gentleman says he was hired by a resident of this island but..." he explained the situation to the man.

"Hired?"

"Yeah by Aso Keiji-San !"

"What!! A-A-Aso Keiji !!" The man's face turned to shock after hearing the name as every person in the hall.

"That can be over 10 years ago...he died." the man said, sweat running down his temples.

"What !!" It's time for the other to get shocked. Then the man told them the story and how Aso Keiji died 12 years ago and the moonlight sonata.

~A few minutes later~

The four of them were walking in the street of the island after they left the hall. "A letter from a man eh? What a nasty prank. " Mouri said, complaining.

"Not necessarily " Rin and Conan replied at the same time and they looked at each other smiling.

"Eh?" Mouri said, questioning what Conan and his daughter meant.

"Someone did pay you a retainer fee and the letter was postmarked from moon shadow island..." Conan began the detection and Rin continued it by saying "In other words someone from this island wants you to investigate Aso Keiji's case."

'Mou I can't remember anything, it's my fault if only I wrote it in a not when I still remember the details I'm really stupid.' Rin thought.

"Oh, right they said that Aso-San was a good friend with the mayor, how about we ask him about it." Ran suggested.

"Good idea, I think they said the mayor would be at the community center," Kogoro replied unsure while looking at the map.

Then Ran attempted to ask the girl who was waving to a little kid who left.

"Umm, excuse me, where is the community center ?"

'A crossdresser, hmm that's suspicious?' Rin thought, looking at the boy who dressed as a girl. It was easy to tell that, for her at least, she was trained by Toshi Koroba after all.

After showing them the direction she asked them

"Are you from the mainland ?"

"Yeah from Tokyo" and Ran replied.

"I'm from Tokyo too." She said cheerfully" isn't this island lovely the air is clean and it's quite__" before she finished her words a car passed by them "protect the island fishery vote for Masato Shimizu."

' yup quite ' Rin thought sarcastically.

"The election for village mayor is coming up. This is usually a quiet island.

"Village mayor ?"

"Yeah, there are three candidates. The man who passed just now was Mr. Masato Shimizu, the fishermen's representative. There's Mr. Tatsuji Kurosawa the current mayor and the third is Mr. Hideo Kawashima the wealthiest man on the island... " .and she was about to tell them more about the election but Mouri stopped her.