Chapter 17: Lights

We laid together on my bed, still holding on to each other.

Since Y/n confessed this morning, we refused to let each other go, afraid that one of us will leave and never come back.

Well, that may be the case for me.

It was around the afternoon when Y/n's stomach started to growl. I looked at her, and her face was full of embarrassment. "Did you eat breakfast?" I asked.

"Of course I didn't; I was chasing after you," she replied, hiding her head on my chest. I laughed. "Want me to get you something to eat?"

Y/n sat up and shook her head. "No! You can't leave! What is the police is waiting out there for you?"

"There's a chance they haven't found out who did it, yet. Unless they checked the cameras, though."

That only made her hold onto me tighter. "Hey," I whispered, caressing her hair. "Why don't we go to the kitchen together and find something to eat? Just in case they're outside."

"I would like that," Y/n replied.

I got out of bed and I held her hand to help her up. Then we walked into the kitchen, being careful along the way.

No one was there, which was a relief.

I opened the cabinet and grabbed two cups of ramen and two plastic forks. Y/n opened the fridge and grabbed two cans of soda. Then we walked back into my room and closed the door.

I went into the restroom and filled the ramen cups with water. Then I placed one of them in the microwave and waited till it finished. When it did, I gave Y/n the cup, a spoon, and a can of soda.

"Are you still going to turn yourself in?" she asked as I watched my cup of ramen in the microwave. I sighed. "I can't keep hiding and running away, Y/n."

"So is that a yes, then?"

I nodded and looked down, expecting her to cry out and burst into tears. But the only sound I heard was the beeping of the microwave. I looked back up and saw Y/n smiling, but her eyes were glassy.

"Are you not going to say anything?" I asked her. She reached over and opened the microwave, handing me the cup of ramen.

"It seems I can't convince you to stay in hiding so we could be together. It's selfish." Y/n replied, "I'm sorry; I can't make choices for you. So if you want to turn yourself in because you feel it's right, go ahead and do it."

It was like my heart stopped beating while she was talking.

Instantly, I started to regret how we first met. When I had tried to take advantage of her, but something in my heart stopped.

I wished we met differently.

My heart shattered into a million pieces, and a wave of sadness poured onto me.

The last time I felt this way was when my mother died all those years ago.

Why am I experiencing this wave of emotion now?

We finished our lunch, and it was around two o'clock. Y/n threw our stuff away and sat back on my bed. I stared at her, and she gave me a confused look. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked.

"There's one last thing I have to do."

"Oh, and wh—"

Before Y/n could finish her sentence, I pulled her towards me and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck, craving for more.

Soon, I pushed her onto the bed, not caring about the things that will occur in the future.

Around seven, I got out of bed and slipped my shirt back on. Then I tied on my sneakers and made my way down the stairs. But as I was walking, red and blue lights were flashing from the window.

They had finally found me.

A wave of relief poured onto me, and I smiled, walking out the door.

The police were getting out of their cars by the time I came outside. I held my hands up and stopped in my tracks.

One of the officers looked at me in surprise. "Oh, we were just about to go inside," he said. Two other officers walked towards me, one of them carrying handcuffs. "Lee Heesung, you're arrested for the possession of drugs and rape."

People may call me crazy, but I was laughing as they hooked the handcuffs onto my wrists. It wasn't my fault, though; I was finally free.

Well, you know what I mean.

I was being led to the car when a voice called out from behind. "Heesung!"

—————

When I opened my eyes, I expected Heesung to have his arms wrapped around me, but he wasn't there.

"Heesung?" I sat up in the bed, looking around the room. "He wouldn't leave me like that. Where is he?"In the corner of my eye, blue and red lights were flashing from the window.

I then realized what had happened.

I grabbed Heesung's letterman and button it up over my body. Then I slipped my pajama pants back on and slides. Then I ran out of the room and downstairs into the main room.

Once I got outside, Heesung was being led into the cop car.

"Heesung!" I shouted.

Heesung turned around and smiled, but he was crying. "It was great knowing you, Y/n." he said, "I'm glad I spent my last day here with you."

"N-no, don't say that! What are you saying?" I cried.

"You won't be seeing me for a while, or possibly ever again."

I felt my knees buckle under me, but I held my ground. I had to stay strong, no matter how much it hurt.

Heesung whispered something into one of the officers' ears. She looked at me and nodded. Then Heesung walked and stopped in front of me.

He leaned his head onto mines, and I felt his tears landing on my tears. I reached up and wiped them from his face. Then I gently grabbed his chin and kissed him.

It was a long and sorrowful kiss.

Possibly our last kiss.

Then Heesung pulled back and walked back to the officers. They grabbed his arm and placed him inside the cop car.

A crowd of people started to gather around, wondering what was going on. As the cop cars drove off, Heesung turned to look at me from inside and smiled. I waved slowly until he disappeared from my sight.

Finally, after holding it in, I collapsed to the ground and broke down into tears.

—————
Hmm, I wonder if there will be an epilogue chapter.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow!