Chapter 16: Chance

Jung Mimi's POV

After I opened my eyes, I reached over the nightstand and unplugged my phone from the charger. I unlocked it and noticed that I had a message from Heesung.

I opened the message and read it. My facial expression grew into shock, then into annoyance. "What in the world have you done now, Heesung?" I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

I jumped and looked to my right. Y/n was standing by my bed, reading the message as well.

Shin Y/n's POV

I was awake for half of the night, unable to fall asleep.

I was wondering why Heesung has been avoiding me. I thought our talk from last time would bring us closer together, but it seemed to make our relationship worse.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed that Mimi was reading something on her phone. From the look on her face, I could tell it was something bad.

I slowly climbed out of bed and walked to her bed, looking to see what she was reading.

It was a text message from Heesung. Wait, since when did they have each other's numbers? Maybe Mimi told me about it already, but I wasn't paying attention.

The message said, "Y/n's in trouble. Make sure she doesn't go to class for a while. This is all my fault."

"What in the world have you done now, Heesung?" Mimi whispered. "What do you mean?" I asked. Mimi jumped and looked at me, startled that I was standing next to her.

"Oh, Y/n! I didn't know you were awake!"

She tried to hide her phone, but I pulled back her hand, shaking my head. She sighed. "I guess it's too late for me to hide the message from you."

Mimi sat up and I seated myself on her bed. "What did Heesung do?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out."

Just when I was about to add something else, there was a knock on the door. I stood up and walked to the door, opening it. I gasped.

"H-Heesung?"

Heesung looked like he barely got any sleep like me. There were dark circles under his eyes, and they were red as well. He was either crying or drinking.

"Y/n..."

He suddenly embraced me into a hug, which threw me off guard. I slowly hugged him back. "Heesung, is everything okay?"

He let go and looked into my eyes. "When is it ever okay?"

I motioned him to sit on my bed and I closed the door. Heesung waved good morning to Mimi and placed himself on my bed. I did the same.

"I seriously fucked up this time," Heesung said. "What did you do?" I asked. "Have you checked the daily university news?"

Mimi and I shook our heads. Mimi looked on her phone, trying to see why he asked. I guess she found it because she gasped and placed her hand on her mouth.

"You better explain yourself, Lee Heesung." she snapped. "'Dean Yang, University Student, and Adult Found Unconscious in Office."

I looked over at Heesung, and he had tears coming down his face. "I'll tell you both everything," he said.

He explained everything that happened, from being called to the dean's office to bringing them those glasses of lemonade intoxicated with the drunk-dazed powder.

"I got scared because they threatened to chase Y/n out of here as they did to that first girl I took advantage of," he said. I handed him a box of tissues and he gladly took it, nodding a thank you. "What are you going to do now?" Mimi asked.

Heesung sighed and wiped his tears with his head. "What I should've done months ago: turn myself in."

I jumped up and faced him, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Wait, so you're just gonna give up now?"

"I have no other choice, Y/n; I can't just keep running away. Plus, they're gonna find out anyway ls from those cameras in the dean's office."

"So that what you're just turning yourself in for?"

Heesung shook his head. "I'm also going to confess for taking advantage of all of those innocent girls. And I'm not turning myself into the campus police; I'm turning myself into the city police."

It was like the world around me froze in time. My vision started to blur, and I quickly wiped my eyes. "But if you turn yourself into the city police, that means you'll be arrested and possibly be sentenced to..."

I couldn't finish the sentence because it made my heart ache just thinking about it. "It's the right thing to do, Y/n. He doesn't have a choice." Mimi said.

Heesung smiled and placed his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears. "I will be doing it tonight, but if the campus police somehow catch me before then, I'll confess everything that I've done."

He then stood up, making me back away and moving my hands off his shoulders. He ruffled my hair. "Goodbye, Shin Y/n; it was great knowing you."

He walked to Mimi and held out his hand. Mimi grabbed his hand and they shook. "Please take good care of her, Mimi; you're like the sibling I never had."

Mimi smiled. "Will do, Heesung."

Waving one last goodbye, Heesung opened the door and walked out of the room. I stood there, still unable to process what just happened.

It seemed like only yesterday when I first went to Heesung's party, not knowing that it would lead up to all of this. I expected to have a normal college life, only focusing on my major, but I guess things have a change of plans.

Mimi walked towards me and looked at me with a serious expression on her face. "If you're going to confess, do it now. This may be your only chance."

With that being said, I quickly slipped on the letterman jacket and my shoes. Then I ran out of the dorm room and outside. Heesung was about to walk inside his dorm building when I suddenly grabbed his arm and turned him around.

Lee Heesung's POV

Y/n had a strong grip on my arm, refusing to let me go. "What are your doing here, Y/n?" I asked. "Go back to your dorm; it's not safe for you to talk to me."

"Heesung, I don't want you to turn yourself in, but at the same time, it's the right thing to do. That's why I need to say this now."

"W-wait, what do you mean?"

"Heesung, I like you."

It was like a hole in my heart closed when I heard those words. I smiled and I started to cry again. Y/n was crying too. "I like you too, Y/n," I said.

I pulled her closer to me. Gently grabbing her face and wiping the tears, I placed my lips on hers and we kissed.

—————
Only 2 more chapters to go (or 1, I don't remember)!
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow!