Chapter 15: Lemonade

On the next day, Heesung did everything just to avoid you. Every time he saw you walking on a certain path, he took a different one. Every time he saw you sitting at a table, he sat at a table farther away from you.

Heesung didn't want to avoid you, however, but he had no choice.

He wanted to stay out of your life since he's caused so much trouble for it already. He didn't want to make it worse.

That night, Heesung had got back to his dorm. He was drained of energy and eager to fall asleep. He was about to go to his room when he saw Jay standing right in front of the door.

"Um, you're blocking my way," Heesung said. "I'm trying to get some sleep." "No can do, little brother." Jay shook his head. "We have a guest waiting in Dean Yang's office."

"A guest?" Heesung said. "Yeah, you heard me. Now come on; we're already late."

Heesung didn't say anything else as he followed Jay to the head campus office, which was a five-minute walk from their dorm.

They finally made it there and walked inside. Choi Bina, the secretary, was sitting at her desk typing on her computer. She looked up and smiled when she saw the college boys walk in.

"I was just about to call you two," she said. "Dean Yang is in his office with Mr. Park."

Mr. Park? Who's that? Heesung wondered. But then he remembered. He stopped in his tracks once he realized. Jay turned around and gave him a confused look. "Why did you stop?" he asked.

"Why is Dad here? What does he want?" Heesung demanded. "I'm asking the same questions as you, but we won't find out until we go inside, so come on! You've wasted enough time already."

Heesung thought Jay was still mad about the incident between you and them, but he pushed it aside as he followed Jay into the office.

Heesung closed the door behind him and stared at the person he didn't want to see: Park Jisung, his father. Jisung was standing next to Dean Yang Jungwon, who was sitting down. "There you two are! How are my favorite boys doing?"

Jungwon was a close friend of Jisung. He's also Jay and Heesung's godfather. "We're doing good, Dean Yang," said Jay, bowing.

"Oh, it's only us here! You don't have to be formal, Jongseong." he looked at Heesung. "I didn't hear anything from you, Heesung. How are you?"

"Can we just get this meeting started? I'm trying to go to sleep." Heesung snapped. "He asked you a question, sir, and I expect you to answer it," said Jisung.

Heesung glared at him. "I'm doing fine, I guess."

Heesung and Jay sat in the chairs and their father cleared his throat. "Now Heesung," Jisung explained. "You know how much I've been doing for you since your mother died all those years ago, making sure that you're well taken care of."

That's a lie. Heesung thought. "I even made sure that you're able to have those Friday night college parties and not get in trouble when you drunk-dazed those girls."

"But I heard from Jay that you stopped having those parties because of a certain girl that you drunk-dazed." Jisung leaned over the desk and into Heesung's face, scowling. "That wasn't part of the deal."

"That stuff that I've been doing was wrong, Dad," Heesung explained. "Y/n made me realize that." "But for starters, she wasn't yours, to begin with; she belonged to Jay."

Heesung turned his head to Jay. "Did you tell him what happened yesterday?" "Of course I did," Jay said, leaning back and smirking. "It's not nice to steal, little brother."

"Y/n isn't someone to own; you can't own your women."

"No can do sir," Jisung said, laughing. "In the Park family, the men take pride in owning their women, as I did with your mother. But sadly, you don't know how to do that since you only have half of the Park blood inside of you."

Heesung looked down at his hands, trying to hold back his angry tears. He kept his mother's last name for a reason. He looked up back at his father. "What are you going to do to Y/n?"

"The same thing I did to Kim Dayoung, of course."

Heesung stood out of his chair, knocking it down. "Before you run out of here, Heesung, your father has agreed to give you two choices," said Jungwon, holding his hand up.

"You could either give Y/n back to Jay, or we'll expel her from this university."

"W-what don't you people understand?" Heesung had tears on his face now. "Shin Y/n isn't anyone's toy! You can't just 'own' her!"

"What's your decision, little brother?" asked Jay. Heesung didn't answer him. Instead, he mumbled something about wasting his time and walked out of the office. Then he started to run.

For so long, he wanted to escape from his family. He was tired.

He regretted having those parties.

He regretted taking advantage of those innocent girls.

Especially you.

Heesung made it back to his dorm and walked into his room. He locked the door, making sure that Jay won't be able to come in tonight.

Heesung got out his phone and texted Mimi. Y/n's in trouble. Make sure she doesn't go to class for a while. This is all my fault.

He turned off his phone and pulled back the covers. He lay on his bed and stared at the dark ceiling. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Y/n. You don't deserve me at all," he whispered.

He closed his eyes to fall asleep when an idea popped inside his head. Heesung climbed out of bed and walked into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of lemonade. Then he opened the cabinet above and reached to the back until he touched a familiar bottle.

He pulled it out and smiled. Then he got out three plastic red cups from a bag and poured a cup of lemonade in each of them. Then Heesung opened the bottle and sprinkled the white powder in each of the drinks.

Heesung grabbed a tray from the cabinet and placed the cups on top. "They should still be there," he said. "I'll just give them these drinks and everything will be fine...for now."

—————
Find out who the actual main character is? I think there are two more chapters until this story ends!
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow!