Chapter 13: A Confession

Start from the beginning

The house was full of chatter and music. The three children were all playing together happily, building blocks and pretending to cook in the play kitchen in the corner. But little did anyone know, Fenrir Greyback was waiting in the bushes, ready to attack any child that happened to leave the house. Greyback still wanted revenge for what Remus' father said during a trial. Since then he had plotted to make either of his children a werewolf.

Y/n had noticed the door was open, James was getting something from outside. She saw her godfather leave the house, so she decided to follow. She stood up and waddled to the open door. No one noticed her slip out of the door until it was too late.

She ran across the green garden over to her godfather. But she stopped in her tracks when she heard a rustle in his bushes. Greyback had finally found his victim. He emerged from the bush and decided to make as much noise as possible.

Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Lily had yet to take notice because of the loud music. However, James had heard. He turned around to the view of a werewolf approaching the young girl.

"Y/N!" James yelled. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" He screamed at Greyback.

The adults inside the house had turned around to look out of the window. Remus and Tonks gasped and screamed at the sight. Greyback running to their daughter.

James had began to run to protect his goddaughter, but it was too late. Greyback darted towards Y/n. The three year old stumbled backwards slightly but not fast enough to get away from him. Greyback had knocked the young girl on the floor, causing her to scream and cry. Then, he painted five large scratches diagonally across her face. Blood poured out of them. The toddler had closed her eyes and completely blacked out.

Greyback laughed maniacally before retreating back into the bushes. All the adults crowded around Y/n laying on the floor. Her older brother walked out afterwards, not knowing what happened to his sister. When Teddy saw his sister laying on the floor covered in blood, he burst out into tears. Something happened to her. Someone he loved the most. From that moment, the four year old Teddy Lupin swore to always protect his little sister.

                                       ~.~.~.~
It had been a week since the incident. Y/n had been admitted to St.Mungo's in her own room in the children's ward. She had woken up two days since she was attacked. Bandages covered her face with small holes for her to see out off and talk out off. But little did she know that her life will never be the same. She now had Lycanthropy and will now transform every month with her father.

"I'm sorry Y/n." I nurse said. "You'll be a werewolf."

Little Y/n didn't understand what she was saying. But she could tell that it wasn't good, based off the tone of the nurses voice. She understood that her life will be completely different.

~o~

Y/n's POV:
More tears ran down my face and was pulled back into a hug by Teddy. I had now made my mind up. I was going to tell someone. Or maybe two people.

"I want to tell someone." I sniffled, wiping my tears away. With one person in my head that I want to tell.

"Who do you want to tell?" He whispered.

"Fred." I muttered. "I feel bad for not telling the twins anything. Their my best friends and I've kept this a secret for 6 years."

"Only if your sure." He said. I nodded slowly, building the courage to tell him.

"Can you bring him here. I would go but I feel too sick." I whispered.

"Of course I can. I'll see you later." Teddy said to me. He stood and he kissed my forehead.