You let out a grimace caused by the painful feeling from the sharp metal piercing you. 

"Begone, otherwise you won't be able to leave our territory alive." the woman threatened once more, venom lacing every word that rolled out of her mouth. 

"My Kil doesn't need a nuisance, and a  pathetic being like…" Kiyoko paused, observing you. An insulting smile plastering on the mysterious woman's pale face. 

"...you." she ended her sentence with a villainous chuckle.   

Gon approached you in a hurry, worried. He tried to assist you up yet you insisted. Sternly, you shoot a fiery gaze towards the woman. 

Kikyo glared back then turned around, "Come along, Kalluto." She called her child. 

"Yes, mother." Kalluto responded. 

Kiyoko turned on her heels, not looking back or whatsoever. She's now taking her leave along with her youngest child, when you finally stood up on your feet. 

"You don't deserve to be called a mother. Your own children don't see you as one." you stated, boldly.  

The people near you were taken aback by your words. Kikyo snapped because she strongly disapproved of what she heard. The woman stormed towards you, her one arm raised up.  

Slap

The sound of a sharp slap silenced the area momentarily. You hear nothing except the ringing you hear in your ear, and your cheek feels as though it is burning. With such delicate-looking hands, it felt heavy when the impact made contact with your skin. 

The impact of the slap felt more like a punch. 

“(Your name)!” Gon screamed. He immediately pulled you behind him, shielding you from the woman. 

Although it was painful, the stern on your visage remained as you sharply turned your head towards the woman. Eyes showing neither evidence of fear or resentment. 

Kikyo took a deep breath and took a few moments to contain herself. "I won't bother you any longer. Be grateful your brother will atone for what you did." she said huskily.

You froze. Your eyes somewhat enlarged at the feeling of genuine shock upon hearing her statement. Satisfied of what she had done, "C'mon Kalluto." Kikyo called once more, turning on her heels and sauntering away. 

The woman's child didn't respond, and then silently followed Kikyo. She seemed hesitant as she took a quick glance towards your direction, then left. 

"(Your name), I'm very sorry." Gon said apologetically, he blamed himself for not doing what he was told to do even though he knew he could have done something.  

Gon successfully assisted you up, Seaquant exited the quarters in a frantic and he brought a clean cloth with him. 

"Let's head in and get you treated." Zebro notified you in a hurry. 

"Not yet." you mutter, trying to maintain your composure through clenching your fists in a tight manner. 

Gon was about to talk everything out. It's far more dangerous to head back to that place. He felt your genuine determination.  

The male gently placed a hand on your shoulder, his squeeze of reassurance has helped you calm down at least. 

"Let's go." Gon smiled proudly, despite having a twinge of worry, he wanted to save his friends. "Before we ran out of time." he reminded you. 

In return, you smiled back, then gave him a nod.  

***