|| Miya x Takashi || Lonely || Timeskip to College ||

Requested by Notgonnaheppen

Takashi's POV

It had been a year since Takashi and Miya had started college, and both were still skating. After running into each other at multiple skateboarding meets, they had finally mustered up the courage to talk to each other, apologising and trying to repair a once broken friendship. 

Obviously, he hoped to run into someone that night, but that never actually happened. All those imagined scenarios, the ones that were completely unrealistic and fantasy, the ones that never actually happened, everyone has had those thoughts... not uncommon. Of course, over the course of a year, Miya and Takashi had run into a few issues when rooming together. This particular argument that caused Miya's patience to shatter was the fact that Takashi had brought his girlfriend over. After the incident that happened that very afternoon, Takashi had broken up the relationship he was in without explanation and began his search for his roommate. 

A few hour passed by now, with Takashi looking around the town with no success. He couldn't be bothered to turn on his phone and he didn't have a watch on so Takashi didn't know exactly what time it was. There was no one. The streets empty spare for some cars and bicycles, some parked, others with passengers. A few hollered at him as he passed by, either yelling at him to get out of the way, or saying a greeting as they passed.

The lights in the 24 hour convenient store were bright, causing Takashi to narrow his eyes. As he walked in, he turned, walking down toward the isle that he would normally walk down, choosing his food. Coincidentally, that was when he spotted a silhouette passing by. Immediately recognising it; the hair, clothes, everything about his roommate... Takashi rushed out, stopping at the door to glance around before rushing at the shape that had nearly melted into the darkness. 

"Miya!" His voice caused the few people who were around's heads to turn. This including the cat like boy's. 

Seemingly forgetting about his skateboard and what it could be used for, Miya turned and sprinted off in the opposite direction. Takashi, forgetting his skateboard as well, turned and ran  after Miya, and eventually cornering him in a little alleyway. 

He panted, tried to catch his breath, only to have it knocked out of him from a harsh shove. Miya, who's foul temper must have started to act up tried to shoulder his way past Takashi. Instead of letting himself be shouldered to the side, Takashi grabbed the other's hand and dragged him back. 

The problem was Takashi's fault. A year ago, after making up, Takashi had made yet another mistake, and even though Miya's reaction could be said as slightly over dramatic, it could be said that the blame was mostly on Takashi's shoulders. Miya had burst in on heated bit more than make out session between Takashi and his girlfriend, and they had fought. 

Admittedly, he shouldn't have done it. It wasn't right, and the rules they had made together as roommates had been completely disregarded by Takashi when he brought his girlfriend in. He knew it was wrong of him now and knew that he had been reckless, slightly tipsy... he hadn't realised what he did would affect Miya so much. 

"I'm sorry." 

"Leave me alone." 

"I'm sorry. Please, come home." 

Miya looked up at Takashi, and the brown haired man winced as he felt a sharp pain in his gut as he realised there were tears sliding down Miya's face. 

Sniffing, Miya looked away, still trying to wrench his wrist out of Takashi's. 

"Let me go!" The scream echoed around the alleyway before Miya fully broke down into sobs. Sliding down the wall and dragging his arms, that Takashi had now let go of, to hold onto his stomach, Miya cried. 

Takashi stood there, eyes wide as he watched and listened to the other's broken cries. His heart ached for his roommate, he could never stand watching Miya cry... 

"Miya..." Takashi took hold of Miya's shoulders after crouching down next to the sobbing man, who, although was eighteen, still looked like a younger version of himself crying about a broken skateboard. 

"I LOVED YOU!" The scream seemed to rip itself from Miya, "I LOVED YOU AND I THOUGHT YOU... I thought you knew..." 

Takashi's eyes widened, his jaw dropping slightly. 

"I thought... that you would at least consider—consider my feelings." Miya chocked on his own words. "But n—no. I'm s—sorry for expecting too much." 

"What?" Takashi's look of shock and borderline horror definitely showed more than he meant it to. 

"Hah... of course y—you wouldn't understand. You n—never felt the same." Miya's rueful smile broke Takashi's heart as did the words that came after, "I'm sorry for loving you, Takashi... please, let's just stop this... I can't do this anymore so please... please leave me so that I can—so that I can just get o—over you. Please... it hurts." 

Then, suddenly Miya was stalking out of the alleyway, frantically wiping at his tears and leaving a dumbfounded Takashi. What shocked him more was that after a few steps, Miya stumbled and almost fell, if not for Takashi, who had quickly plucked the smaller male up. 

After picking the latter up in his arms, Takashi used the momentum to continue forward even with the other pounding his fists against his chest. 

"Let. Me. Down." Through all the fuss and whine, Miya couldn't really do much else besides that to try and convince Takashi to let him walk. Instead of listening to his roommate, the brown haired man picked up his pace and avoided the curious glances the passerby's were casting them. 

As they drew nearer to the entrance to their dorms, Takashi was very thankful that Miya was light, and that neither had strayed too far from their dorm. His legs were growing increasingly difficult to lift and his pace was beginning to become sluggish. 

When they finally reached the dorm, Miya had stopped complaining. 

After plopping them both down onto Takashi's lower bunk, the brunette let out an audible sigh. A moment later, he turned to look at Miya who had closed his eyes and relaxed into the firm mattress underneath him. What a sight to see, with a bit of pale skin peaking out from the shirt that had risen up a little and the sweat that was had gathered at his collarbones from the heat. 

"Why... are you staring at me like that." Takashi snapped out fo his trance when he heard the other's whisper. 

"Why do you love me?" 

"Is there a reason I shouldn't?" Sighing again, Miya continued, "I guess I couldn't really help it... I don't know, but you were by only friend for years and I probably only realised it once you started dating." 

"I broke up with her you know..." Looking at his hands, Takashi's words came out louder than he meant them to. 

Dragging his hands down and sitting up, Miya raised an eyebrow. 

"Really." Takashi huffed at Miya's disbelief. 

"Yes really. Why are you so silly..." Takashi's eyes softened, "I didn't feel anything for her, dummy. I was waiting for you." 

"Then what the hell... did I walk in on?" Miya's breathing came in slightly shorter gasps now.

"She wanted to make sure that I didn't feel anything and forced it on me. I'm sorry you had to walk in on that." Takashi was done talking after this; pushing Miya back down and positioning himself above the other. He leaned down slowly, giving the latter time to push him away if he wanted. After a few moments, Miya's eyes fluttered closed, and Takashi braced his arms on both sides of Miya's head as their lips touched. 

After leaning back a little to peek at the other, Takashi smiled at the blush that had painted itself onto Miya's face. 

"Please forgive my lateness..." Takashi bent down again to whisper against Miya's mouth, "but I love you too..."

Dear , I hope this is close to what you wanted! Thanks for your patience.