|| Cherry x Joe || Beauty ||

This takes some of my old ideas and messes with them a little, thanks for understanding!! (I HAD NO OTHER CHOICE CAUSE I RAN OUT OF IDEAS LOL).

Joe's POV

Beauty: something cherished all around the world. Something most respected when seen in another. Something delicate yet harmful. A concept misunderstood by lots...

Joe knew it, everyone had their own beauty, star and light. And his, well, that could easily be guessed. It was Kaoru, or otherwise known as Cherry, from all the S competitions they attended. They had been friends since high school, and still knew each other now. 

Having different job careers didn't matter when it came to their constant bickering, joking and teasing at times. Reasons? Well, they lived in the same city did they not?

Clear memories of the few days at the beach always brought a smile to Joe's face, even when remembering how the exceedingly stinky dude had caught all of them and turned them smelly like they were. 

He also remembered when Miya had scratched him like a cat, all the while telling him to return to Cherry who was supposedly the mother in the whole complex relationship. 

The trip had been fun, to heal Reki and to build bonds. Joe also believed that it was probably most beneficial to the red haired and sky-blue haired teens. 

The trip had been fun, and after that, well, things had returned to normal. 

Cherry and Joe, their usual fights. Langa and Reki, their common handshake between friends... even Miya and Shadow seemed to have built a friendship agreement that none of them could understand.

Eventually, the last races had ended, and S returned to what it normally was: a competition for skaters who wanted to have fun. 

Everyone was still talking about the last race between Snow and Adam. It seemed that they all had their own personal thoughts about the event. 

"JOE!" Miya yelled straight into his ear, scaring him enough to drag him out of his trance. "It's Cherry's turn!" 

Crowds, races, shrieks, everything soon begun. Cherry obviously took the lead with Carla, already carving at the first corner and causing the audience to uproar. 

Joe's eyes were glued to the pink haired male, and no matter what any other would say, he could see the beautiful bend of his body in sync with the skateboard. Gracefulness came with ease for the skating male, Joe realised, since it had been Adam who taught him. Unlike Joe, the mask wearing skater was not muscles, but a delicate instrument only to be played by himself. To be treated with care...

It took no more than three minutes for the race to end when all of Cherry's sighing competitors crossed the finish line. 

Joe couldn't see the other's smile, but he was sure it was there under his mask. In all the years they had known each other, the dark green haired male had known that Cherry's subtle smiles had been the thing to start his heart. Not all the admirable looks of other men or the lustful looks from all the women, but that small yet noticeable smile that Kaoru gave when skating... 

Head flying forwards, he realised that Cherry had just wacked him over the head. 

"Oi, Kaor—"

The kick to the bottom landed square and fair, "I told you never to call me by that name." 

Joe winced as he stood up once more, as he was thrown into the ground with the harsh actions of his high school friend. Adam had once been their friend too, and Cherry had loved him then. Joe had not known where the small bang to his chest came from when he thought of that, only that the azure haired male had hurt Cherry both literally and figuratively. 

Now? That had all changed, perhaps, because of Snow, and what he was able to finish... 

"Joe." Cherry was looking at him, oddly concerned, "What are you thinking about?" 

Doubling over in surprise, Joe looked at the other curiously, it was as if Miya, Shadow and the rest had disappeared, leaving only the two of them. 

"Nothing." Joe tried to smile, he never in his life failed so miserably, "Nothing at all."

The dark green haired male had spent his whole life hiding from his feelings and emotions, it was only when he met Kaoru, otherwise known as Cherry, when everything came crashing back. Joe could not say that Cherry brought colour to his world, only that the other made everything clearer

And that was his first and last love. 

First? Well, easier done than explained. Still, it was easily said to be the first and actual love of his life, sounding, with all its glory, cliché. 

Last? Easier: never had he loved again. 

Then someone was dragging him, off wherever, whenever. When they stopped, he realised with shock that it was Cherry. 

"Kaoru? What are you doing? Why?" Joe surprise was conveyed clearly on his face. 

"Joe. You clearly wanted to talk to me about something." 

"Sorry. About Adam I mean. I know that you were—"

"Shut up. Be quiet." Cherry's eyes were fierce. 

"But—"

"I said—"

"You should tell him—"

"No!" Cherry's hair whipped around him like a sash of silk, "You don't understand! It's not him anymore... it's... I..." 

"You cannot be serious, it isn't too late—"

"It's YOU! Damnit, you giant, ugly gorilla! Why is it YOU! It's always been..." Tears were flowing from the pink haired male as the he tried to punch Joe, only to be caught.

"Kaoru...?" Joe's eyes were immensely large, "Me?"

"It was never Ainosuke—I—I—never loved him the way I—l—love..."

A kiss cut him off, and Joe hoped to heaven and earth that he hadn't been wrong. 

Nothing was said as the latter froze, leaving Joe to draw back quickly. 

"I'm sorry." Joe started backing away. "I didn't think—"

A furious and desperate mouth caught his before he could finish the sentence, Cherry was kissing him! Holy shit! 

Tongues dance as Joe started to dominate yet again, pushing Cherry against a wall which had appeared magically in the right place... 

It was bliss... along with something else, something more powerful, electrifying...

And neither would be able to forget it.