T W E N T Y S E V E N

Jamal stands quickly in alert, he is looking up from the dungeon aware of the siren which is now blazing. There are a few types of sirens in Nirvana, there is a danger siren, a machine failure siren, and there is the UG siren.

Guess which one is blazing now?

Behind the cell, Messiah is laughing maniacally.

"What have you done?!" Jamal slams his palms on the metal door. But his question was answered only with a deep, dark laugh from the man locked inside. "There are children here, Messiah! There are elderly people!"

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!" He suddenly yells. "Die! Die! All of you! Your parents! Your children! All of you deserve to die!"

Jamal clenches his jaw shut.

This is a catastrophe. He then turns around and runs out of the dungeon in rush. People are running around like bees without their nests.

"BUNKER! NOW!" Jamal shouts at the people who seem to be too panicked to think clearly.

"Take your children with you! Men! Take the weapons! Women! Take the food and water! Everybody move! Move!" Jamal is busy shoving people and trying to create order in the moment of chaos.

Some people thankfully find their logic and common sense to follow his order, guiding others to the safest room they prepared for this exact moment. They used to pray that they won't need the bunker, but it seems their prayer was useless.

Jamal rushes through the swarming of people, pushing them away from his way trying to move against the current to find the captain of this ship.

He needs him, everyone needs him now.

***

Of course!

Malcolm grits his teeth. The moment he found peace it will shatter. Universe just hates him so much his life is a constant horror/action movie. People are running to the other end, carrying their children and their elderly, they have a big bulky bag on them as they ignore him and go to the bunker.

He, on the other hand, is going to the complete opposite. In less than a minute he arrives at the main control room. Most of the people there are already packed and ready to leave.

"Status?" He asks the one in charge.

"Red code. It seems that they upgraded their technology. The camouflage system doesn't work, and we're too late for a jump," He says starting to turn off the screen. "Impact will be less than twenty five minutes," The person says again.

"How many?" Malcolm scanned the clear glass in front of him, looking at hundreds of little stars that he knows are ship's lights.

"Too many, Captain, we're outnumbered."

Fuck.

"Have you sent a distress signal?"

"I did, they blocked it after seventy seconds." The person in charge then stands up and looks at his Captain. "Good luck," he says with his face hard and his body tensed, then he turns around to join the others.

"Malcolm!"

His head snaps to behind him.

"What are you doing here?! Get back to the bunker!" He is outraged when he sees Jamal.

"Don't do this," Jamal looks at him with worry and fear. "Malcolm you will not survive this!"

"Then what can we do instead?!" He shouts at the older-looking man. "Send our people to be slaughtered?!"

Jamal has no answer to that. The door is opened and his heart dropped to the bottom of his feet when he sees Ana.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He shouts. "GET HER OUT OF HERE! NOW!"