Love letters

Maya's POV

I open my locker only for a letter to fall out. I crouch down to pick it up before standing up straight. The front is addressed to 'Gorgeous'. "Another one?" I hear Riley ask and look to my left to see her chin on my shoulder looking at the writing. "Yeah." I say before placing it back in my locker. "Aren't you going to open it?" Riley asks and takes the letter back out. "Rileyyyyy you know I don't do....feelings..." I say, dragging out the 'y' and try to take the letter back but Riley's already opened it. "Wow, this is deep Maya and...old-fashioned." Riley says before passing the letter to me. I roll my eyes and scan over the writing before reading it aloud.

'My love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you – I am forgetful of every thing but seeing you again – my Life seems to stop there – I see no further. You have absorb'd me...I would be martyr'd for my Religion – Love is my religion – I could die for that – I could die for you...'

"Riley, he didn't even write this himself" I say exasperatedly and let my arm drop to my side. "Have you read the back Maya?" She asks in response and I groan before lifting my hand to my eyesight and flipping the card around. I begin reading it aloud quietly.

'As you probably guessed Gorgeous, I didn't write this myself. I'm not much of a creative writer. I was doing some research for my English class when I saw this, it made me think of you and the feelings I have for you. I don't know if I'm under the effect of first love but I feel prepared to die for you. We haven't met yet, but I will love you for all eternity whether you return my feelings or not'

-Your Secret Admirer

"That was the corniest thing I have ever read." I state. "Maya, come on. Wasn't it kinda sweet?" Riley asks, almost pleading. "I guess..." I mutter quietly. I hear Riley's boots squeak as she turns around. I quickly grab my stuff and put the letter in my locker with the last one before following her to class.

2 days later (Maya has gotten a letter each day, so 3 in total xd)

Still Maya's POV

I walk over to my locker with Riley behind me. "Ready for your 4th loooove letttterrrr" I hear Riley teasing me as we walk. I just roll my eyes, "Riley, it's probably just some prank." I say bluntly. "He's left three days in a row. They were all deep and romantic." She says dreamily, going off into Rileytown in her mind. We get to our lockers, I open it but instead of a letter falling out I get a text.

Unknown Number

I believe it is time we met
The number 3 has kept us apart for too long

"What the.." I whisper still looking at my phone when I get a third message.

Unknown Number

Turn around Gorgeous :)

I turn around slowly, prepared for whatever prank is about to happen when I see a boy who I barely recognise now. "J-Josh...?" I whisper and he smiles in response. "Nice seeing you again." He says shyly and I smile at him, "Back at ya." I hear a small squeal escape Riley's mouth as she watches us. "C-Can I walk you to class?" He asks, still quite shyly. I take his hand in mine, "I would love that." Before walking with him.

--Thanks for reading! I MADE A ONE SHOT WITH AN ENDING THAT YOU CAN CREATE YOURSELF I'VE NEVER MANAGED THAT XD!!! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this and have a great day! ^.^ --