Buzz

[Buzz, 
Another tear rolls down my cheek]

Maya's POV

My phone kept buzzing which just increased the number of tears falling from my eyes. I was sat in the bay window, Riley had just left on a date with Lucas, I said I'd wait for her here. That's when the messages started again. They always seem to know when I'm alone. I hear footsteps, I didn't think anyone was here!! Auggie was with Ava, Matthews had stayed late at school grading papers and Topanga was helping out at Topanga's. I quickly wipe my eyes before the person walks in. I see the handle get pushed down and the last person I wanted to walk in was right there. Josh. Great. He looked in and saw me at the bay window, I looked at him and was about to go out the window but he stopped me. "Maya! Wait." I stop but don't turn to face knowing my face still held traces that I had been crying. "Yeah?" I ask. "Did I do something?" he asks, I automatically turn to face him, "No." I quickly look outside again but he's already seen my face. "Maya? What's wrong?" he asks and I see him walk over to him from the corner of my eye. I turn to look at him and weakly smile, "Nothing, I'm fine." "No you aren't Maya. Your eyes are bloodshot and puffy. Plus there are tear stains down your cheeks. What's going on Maya? Why have you been crying? And why did you lie to me about it?" he asks he eyes searching my face when I hear a ping, I quickly pick up my phone and hold it so Josh can't see it. 

Private Messages - Unknown and Maya

Unknown

Aww that's sweet, you actually think this guy cares about you.

He's taking pity on you like everyone else in your life.

I know you like him, he knows it.

He's just waiting for the perfect opportunity to break your little heart.

And watch it happen with everyone you care about.

Oh, and if you show him this. There will be more heartbreak in your future.

Courtesy of moi :)

I felt tears returning. I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut to hold the tears back as I placed my phone back down. I see Josh look at it and his eyes widen as he reads the messages. I look at him and see his fists ball up in anger, I try to read his gaze but I see nothing but anger. When he looks at me his gaze softens and he sits next to me and pulls me into a hug. "Do you really care about me?" I ask pulling away. "Of course I do Maya...I-I.." Josh begins stuttering and I watch him carefully, "I-I l-love y-yo-you." he says finally. My jaw drops and I look at him shocked, when I recover my composure, "Do you mean it?" I ask nervous for his answer. "I have never meant anything more in my whole life." he says and I search his gaze and see nothing but sincerity. I smile and give him a quick kiss on the lips. I see a pink tint appear on his cheeks and giggle at his reaction. He pulls me in for another hug, "Don't listen to them, everyone cares about you, you're an amazing friend, daughter, and...girlfriend?" I look at him, "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask smiling. "Maybe..." he trails off. "YESS!" I yell and jump on him and hug him. I hear him laughing. I hear my phone buzz but I don't care anymore, I'm happy.

--Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. If you have any ideas please comment and have a great day!--