Chapter Thirty Five: Funeral

Magsimula sa umpisa

She grabbed her wand and put it in her pocket, walking out into the living room.

Angelika had gone home to Leicester, the funeral for Viktoria was in a few days. Aries couldn't even look at Angelika, knowing that Sirius had done this. Angelika knew but she didn't hold it against Aries.

Simon had gone with her with Luke, they had sent a letter to Leo but he wouldn't be able to get there in time from Australia.

Aries picked up her bag, taking one last look in the mirror, her eyes were red and puffy but there was nothing she could do about it.

She left the flat and apparated to Godric's Hollow.

Witches and Wizards crowded the street, most of them gathered around a ruined house.

This was where James and Lily had been. Where their family had been torn apart.

She turned away from the house and towards the graveyard, more wizards and witches were headed towards their graves to send them regrets and to thank them for getting rid of Voldemort.

"Shame they're gone, bright witch and wizard they were." a wizard said to another.

"Long live the boy who lived, eh." The other one said, he saw Aries watching him. He screwed up his face. "Don't know why she is here, she probably knew."

Aries ignored him, walking away, she did not want to cause a scene at Peter's funeral, she walked down the pathway towards the church, more whispers about her were said. She bit her lip so she didn't say anything.

"Wonder if she's a death eater too-"

"Aries!" a voice shouted almost happily, Chloe ran down the steps.

"Hi, Chlo," Aries said, kneeling down to hug her.

"What are you doing here?" a cold voice said, Aries looked up to Peter's mother holding a small oak box. "I didn't invite you."

Aries stammered standing up. "I-I thought you forgot- I just want to say goodbye."

Deborah didn't move, her eyes had no light in them, Aries could tell she blamed her. "I should have never let my boy hang around with you, I should have listened to Kathy when she warned me about you." she said through gritted teeth.

"Please, Deborah I-"

"My son is dead because of you and your family!"

Aries felt the lump in her throat from once again as she shook her head. "I lost him too." she whispered.

Stephen walked out of the church with Kathy.

"Chloe, get away from her." Kathy hissed, widening her eyes.

"Aries didn't do anything-" Chloe started to say but Aries lightly squeezed her shoulder as she pressed her lips into a small smile.

"It's okay Chloe, go back to your mother."

"But I won't see you again." Chloe said, tearing up.

Aries knelt down wiping the tears from Chloe's face. "That's not true, you'll see me again, when you're older. I promise."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Chloe." she brushed aside her hair. "Don't forget about me, yeah?"

Chloe shook her head. "I won't."

"Go on."

Aries watched as she walked up the steps and stood next to her mother.

"Stay away from my family, Black." Deborah spat.

Aries stood up, she turned away from them.

"You're all the same! You're just like him! You'll always be like them!" Deborah shouted, Aries ignored her.

A few hours later almost everyone had gone home. She had stayed hidden from everyone, she didn't really feel like getting abuse from anyone else.

As it got darker Aries trailed the graveyard, scanning each headstone. Searching for his name. She stopped at Lily and James'. She put her head down in respect, "I'm sorry, I should have known." she whispered, she touched their stone before walking away. And there it was, the grey stone with Peter Pettigrew written across it. She swallowed hard as she walked towards it, kneeling down on the mud. They didn't have to dig much to bury him, seeing as only a finger was found.

She ran her fingers across his name. "I'm so sorry." she said, leaning her head on the stone.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to Remus. He gave her a pressed smile as he knelt next to her.

"They wouldn't let me in." she said, using her sleeve to wipe away her tears. "They blame me."

"It wasn't your fault Aries, none of us knew." Remus said, stroking her shoulder, he wrapped his arm around her as they silently cried.

"I miss him."

"I miss him too."

But Aries knew he wasn't talking about Peter.

In the distance fireworks were exploding in the distance as tonight was bonfire night, muggles celebrated their holiday while the wizarding world celebrated theirs.

Behind a grave a grey rat was watching the two, he scurried away as they stood up, in fear he would be caught. He didn't want to leave Aries but he had to.

He didn't want to die.

Leaving her hurt him but he knew that she would love him if she never found out.

And she never would.

END OF PART TWO

___________________

So this is sorta the end, I do have plans to write a part three but I'm not really in the mind set to do it, plus this is where I originally planned it to end so I'm gonna mark this as complete but there will be a part three in the future!!

Thank you so much for reading especially @lu_lu_loves_writing for voting for each chapter!!

And thank you for 1.7k reads!