5

"The things you said there felt real." He suddenly spoke having all his attention on the road as he drove the car.

I was just looking down fiddling with my fingers. What should I say? It was real.

He wanted to drop me home and now he was driving me home. To my surprise he knew the way.

Maybe he found out somehow .

But there were still a lot of things he didn't know.

He was driving me home and I knew I'll be home all safe but still a weird fear was there in me.

My step-mom....

The way she has treated me is what I've never shared with anyone. Not even my bestfriend. And I'm super sure, she would never like me with this man.

Soon enough he parked the car in front of my house. My heart was pounding hard in my chest but this time, it was fear.

"Come." He was already out of the car.

I stepped out of the car and turned to him.

"Thank you sir. I'll be okay now." I just wanted him not to come in. That's why I tried to call it a day.

But the expressions on his face showed, he wanted to come. But for his good and mine too, he had to go. I couldn't let him in this house at any cost.

"I'll see you in office." I said immediately turning around rushing to the main door.

And finally, I escaped. I closed the door behind me when I heard that frightening voice which made me froze on my spot.

"So you came. Don't you think you are a bit too late?" She was behind me. Just behind me.

"Face me bitch." She ordered and I faced her while my gazes stayed down.

"Such a beautiful dress. From where you stole it? Huh?" Her tone was getting more scary each second but I had nothing to tell her.

What I should have said? That I've got a fake boyfriend and I went to meet his parents tonight?

To do this, I had no dare.

"SAY!" She yelled.

I flinched at her couse tone. She was infuriated.

"I-i.. t-there was a-an office p-party. I w-was t-there." I lied.

"Party?? Oh my!! If you will party then who the fuck is gonna do all these works? Huh? Your dead mother isn't gonna come and fuck all these household works. Nor your fucking father." She yelled.

I was in tears. She always drag my mom in this all.. why?

"Please d-don't c-call my parents t-that." I shuttered.

What daughter would like someone talking about her parents like that?

She suddenly grop my arm tightly causing me to hiss in pain.

"Talking back? You slut?" She shouted and pushed me back to the door.

The sudden push caused my head hit the wood hard that I felt everything getting blurry around me.

"I'll kill you today..." I heard her say before I fell down still concious.

As I sensed her movements, she went somewhere and had something in her hands when she came back to me.

She was about to hit me with that something when the door flung open with a loud thud.

"Yn!" I looked over the door with weak eyes and found a familiar figure rushing towards me.