Aethra is smart

Aethra joined them for lunch. She missed breakfast and was so hungry that she shoved food into her mouth without uttering even a 'hello' to David, who looked shocked at the pace she was consuming her lunch.

Only after practically inhaling her food did she realize that a certain Darkling was missing and Zoya, who had a weird look on her face, was taking such small bites that Aethra thought she was eating just for the sake of eating.

Eating just for the sake of it must be discouraged.

So, Aethra got up and skipped over to Zoya, giving her a huge smile. Zoya looked her up and down with a frown on her face. What was wrong with her?

Aethra would go to the easiest person to convince to give her the details- Genya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later, Aethra knew that Alina had left the palace. And by 'left', Aethra knew that Genya meant "she ran away".

Genya knew the basic stuff but Aethra needed to know more. So, she would ask the second easiest person to convince- Fedyor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One good thing about Aethra was that she was very persuasive. She could get a lot of details from someone just by looking at their body. So when Fedyor shifted uncomfortably, she instantly knew that there was more to the story.

Kirigan was looking for the stag. He was looking for the most powerful amplifier ever. To give to Alina?

"She left your kefta Aethra," Fedyor said, gaining her attention

"What?," she asked, confused after suddenly being pulled out of her thoughts.

"She left your kefta, neatly folded with a note," he said

"Really? What did it say?"

"It said 'Thanks for being my friend and looking at me as Alina, in a place where everyone knew me as only the sun summoner."

Aethra looked speechless.

"It was addressed to you and Genya" Fedyor continued "I think the general has it. After all, he was the one who found it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aethra stood in front of the general's door, hands ready to knock. She hadn't seen him since the previous night, before all the drama.

She knocked and then entered, especially after what happened the last time she didn't knock.

Her eyes scanned her, pausing for a quarter of a second at her mid, before focusing on her face again. The wound still hurt, but it was healing well. she could fight anyone, as long as they didn't hit her in that spot.

"Can I have my kefta back?" she asked as soon as she got the chance "Fedyor told me you were the one who found it"

"Why did you give it to her?" he asked quietly, not answering her question

Aethra knew perfectly well what he was talking about but she wasn't in the mood to answer it-

"Give what to who?" she asked, trying to look innocent

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about"

"I seriously don't know what you're-"

He banged his fist on the table frustratedly, making her jump slightly.

"I gave mine to her because she wasn't wearing the one you gave her"

He kept quiet but his eyes urged her to go on.