Aethra

Aethra was different. She was Grisha but that wasn't what made her unique. It was her powers that made her special. She could control fire, water, air, and sometimes other things moved too- if she were angry or hurt, strange things would happen, furniture moving, glass breaking, etc. Why could she control all the elements when nobody else had done it before? She didn't know.

Aethra had managed to evade all of the attempts to test her. The first time, she had cut her thumb by accident while playing with a knife and couldn't be tested. A few years later, her powers began to manifest. Her parents panicked because they knew that if she passed the test, she would be taken away to train at the little palace. The other two times the Grisha people had come to test the children of her village, she had been sent off to her aunt's house. 

After that, she had grown old enough for people to assume that she had been tested already and had failed the test. So she was out of danger as long as she concealed her power. But that wasn't easy. Every passing day made it more and more difficult for Aethra to suppress her powers. It made her feel like there was something stuck inside her that would break free any moment.

Aethra lived in a small village in the south of Ravka called Keramzin. Although it was a small village, She hardly knew anyone because she had been forced to stay inside and hide so that no one found out about her being Grisha. 

When she was old enough, she joined the first army as a tracker.It wasn't the best, and it got tiring. She had only a few friends from her tracking group but none of them were close enough for her to share her problems and worries with them, yet Aethra was grateful that she didn't have to live life in the little palace.

The following chapters will continue the story from the campsite. Hope you liked this chapter.(I know Aethra is a greek name, but I really liked it and wanted to use it for this story)

Thank you for reading,

Athena<3