Sun Summoner

Aethra P.O.V-

Ivan told me that the general would be leaving at nine in the morning and that he wanted all of us to be in the dining hall by eight-thirty.

Naturally, I was late.

I overslept till eight-thirty and then I had to get ready in a rush. While stuffing my daggers in my boot, I accidentally cut myself. It wasn't a big cut, but the blood stained my socks and I was already late, so I couldn't do anything about it.

I just grabbed my bag- which Genya forced me to pack yesterday night (Remind me to thank her) - and ran to breakfast.

When I burst into the hall, breathless, I saw Ivan glaring at me. He was sitting next to the general. Zoya, Fedyor, and David were also seated near the general.

Shit. Why do I always mess important things up?

"Sorry, I overslept" I explained awkwardly

"It's alright Aethra. You're only ten minutes late. We can leave now." the general said calmly getting up. Ivan just continued glaring at me.

That guy needs to lighten up. When the general himself is calm, why is he getting so worked up?

Zoya picked up her bag, walking beside me.

"Didn't I tell you that the general hates it when someone is late?" she asked, looking at me reproachfully

Fedyor had also joined us, walking on my other side.

"It's ok Zoya, that's why General Kirigan asks us to come thirty minutes earlier. It's because he knew that someone could be late," he told Zoya

Fedyor is truly a gift from the heavens above.

"Why are you bleeding?" Zoya asked quietly

I looked down, my sock was drenched in blood.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't a small cut.

"Bleeding? Where?" Fedyor asked, a little too loudly

I tried to shush him and thankfully, General Kirigan didn't hear. Once I made sure nobody heard, I pointed towards the cut that was just below my knee.

"Here" I replied

Fedyor moved his hands around a little and the wound began to close up. The skin wasn't completely smooth or healed, but the cut wasn't bleeding any more.

"Thanks," I said

"Don't mention it" he replied

I, David, and Zoya sat in one carriage while Fedyor, Ivan, and General Kirigan sat in another. Ours was etherealki blue, while their carriage was- obviously- black.

When we reached the camp in Kribirsk, the tents were already set up in the same place that I had seen last time. Would Carina be somewhere around here?

I need to sneak out to the trackers' tent. It's a bad idea but I'm going to do it.

The general went into the tent with all of us following. He walked over and began explaining his plans to find the sun summoner and destroy the fold. Zoya had told me about it when we were talking the other day. I think Genya might have mentioned it too but I'm not sure.

We spent a lot of time in the general's tent, discussing plans to find the sun summoner. The general was a nice man, and he considered everyone's views.

Zoya and I shared a tent while David, Fedyor, and Ivan shared another. The general got his own tent.

A few other Grisha would also be coming in a few hours, including General Kirigan's guards.