She Didn't Notice

Since Alina was with Ivan and Fedyor, I got into a carriage with Zoya. The general said he would come to the little palace after us, but all the carriages were full and I doubt he would be okay squeezing into one of them.

He's the commander of the second army, he's got to have enough brains to figure out a way.

The journey back to the little palace was messy. I and Zoya's carriage was at the front followed by others. So, we easily got back to the palace. But the carriage with Alina in it was ambushed by fjerdans who wanted to kill the sun summoner. It seems Alina was almost killed but general Kirigan saved her.

It's almost like a fairy-tale. If they fall in love, I will barf.

But, I heard all this from rumors, and everything that passes through Nadia and Marie- I hate them- becomes more dramatic and exaggerated. So, this might not even be the real story.

In the ambush, both Ivan and Fedyor were injured. 

I hope they're ok.

Alina was sent to her room immediately after she arrived. Poor girl.

And poor me, because the minute she was gone, the general came to me.

He gave me a look "I thought I asked you to guard her?"

Wait, he was blaming me?

"You did, but she was in the same carriage as Ivan and Fedyor. I just assumed that it was safe enough."

How am I to know that she can't even ride in a carriage without being ambushed?

"It's alright, at least do your job properly from now on," he said sternly and walked away before I could say anything.

It's alright? Do your job properly?  It's not my fault!

I began walking back to my room, hoping I could relax a little after all the drama.

Drama was lying on my bed,

 I mean, Zoya was lying on my bed. 

"Where were you!? I've been waiting for so long!" She exclaimed the minute she saw me.

"I was with the general" I replied

She didn't answer. She looked angry. No, she looked furious.

She couldn't be that angry with me, right? I didn't even do anything

"What do you think of the Sun summoner?" she asked suddenly

Ohhhh. So that's what this is about. She finally wanted to talk to me about her jealousy.

"She seems nice," I said vaguely

"I hate her," Zoya said

"You would" I teased

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked, getting up

"Nothing. It's just that you hate anyone who takes General Kirigan's attention off you" I said, looking her straight in the eyes

"That's not true! I didn't hate you and you took his attention off me!" she said, indignantly

"Yes, but I'm your friend," I said.

She kept quiet for a few minutes before talking again.

"Now that she's here you'll never get an amplifier" she said

"What?" I asked surprised

"General Kirigan will give her an amplifier for sure. He's talking about her destroying the fold and everything.But if she wasn't here, then you would be the most powerful Grisha here, so you would get one"