Butter Week

Aethra was woken up early in the morning by Genya and Zoya. She groaned and buried her face in her pillow.

"Look, guys, I understand that today's the fete but I'm sleepy and I want to sleep because I will look really bad-"

"Fedyors back," Zoya said quickly, interrupting her.

Aethra shot up immediately.

"What?" she said rubbing her eyes "Did he find Nina? Is he alright?"

"No, he couldn't find Nina, but he's fine" Genya answered

"Ok, I'm glad he's safe, although it would've been nice if he found Nina too. I'm going back to bed," said Aethra, slowly sinking back into the bed.

"It's already nine! How much longer do you want to sleep? You even missed breakfast!" Genya said. Zoya was nodding with a smirk on her face.

'Bitch is taking pleasure in me being tortured' Aethra thought

"GO AWAY GENYA!" Aethra said loudly

"NO!" she replied, pulling Aethra out of the bed, and pushing her into the already filled bath.

"Genya I'm still wearing clothes!" Aethra shrieked

Genya shrugged. "It's not my fault. You should've woken up when I told you to"

Aethra crossed her arms grumpily.

"I thought I was finally free from such things when I came to the little palace but It turns out I have a mother here too" she mumbled

"We'll leave you now, finish the bath and come for lunch," Zoya said pulling Genya with her. Aethra shot her a grateful look. Both of them knew that if Genya stayed, she would fuss over her appearance and everything.

"What do you mean lunch?" Genya asked, eyes widening "It's only nine-thirty!"

"Yes but we both know how long Aethra takes to bathe and change," Zoya said

Geya nodded.

"HEY, I DON'T TAKE THAT LONG!" Aethra said indignantly

"Yes you do," Genya said, rolling her eyes

"Don't roll your eyes at me! You know what? Get out, both of you!"

"Don't forget to wash your hair!" Genya called out, as she was pulled outside by Zoya, closing the door behind them.

Aethra sighed, removing her wet clothes and piling them next to the tub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoya and Genya had been right. By the time she was finished washing, dressing, and drying her hair, it was already twelve. But they usually ate at one o clock so Aethra had an hour on her hands.

Checking herself in the mirror, she picked up her daggers from the nightstand and tucked them into her boots. A lot of people had told her not to do that because she could hurt herself, but Aethra just couldn't stop. She felt safe when her daggers were in her boots, plus, it looked cool when they just flew out into the air when she moved her hands during a fight.

She noticed Alina and Genya's figures immediately and they were sneaking somewhere. Aethra walked up behind them and asked "Where are you going?"

Both women screamed and Genya hit her with an umbrella she was carrying.

'Why is she carrying an umbrella?' Aethra thought

"Ouch!" Aethra said "That was mean"

They calmed down and looked at Aethra.