Sweet- The Slip Up

Start from the beginning

Cap'n nodded and gave you a thumbs up back. "I know you will. If anyone's gonna make Sweet open up, it's you."

That came to you as a surprise, and you blushed slightly at hearing it. "Really? But... you're all really close."

"Yeah, and you are too. Sweet really likes ya. I can tell," Cap'n mentioned, a little knowing smirk gracing his face. His confident look returning made you feel a little more confident too.

"Wish me luck then," you sighed softly, going up the last step and walking the very short distance to Sweet's room. You could almost pick out the lyrics to the blaring song about love and heartbreak. And the soft voice you had heard you could now tell was... sobs and sniffles. 

Your heart nearly snapped into pieces. 

Oh, Sweet... you thought sadly before knocking on the door. No response came. Must be loud in there, you realized, so you knocked a bit louder. Still, Sweet did not answer you. "Sweet...?" you called softly, standing close to the door. "Hey, can we talk?"

Sweet went quiet, then the music turned down just a couple bars. "Y/N...?" they asked hoarsely.

"Yeah, it's... me," you murmured softly. "Can... I come in?" There was no reply, and you almost tried asking again but then the door knob turned as it was opened just a crack from the other side. You opened the door some more so you could get in, then closed it quietly behind you. Sweet had retreated back to their bed while you had done that, laying on their side to stare at the wall. 

You had never actually been in their room before, and felt a bit saddened that this had to be the time to see it. You were sure Sweet would be all over talking about the posters covering every square inch of their walls. A couple book shelves covered in CDs was surprisingly clean, compared to the floor littered with crumpled up papers and tissues. Near the closet sat a stand that had their phone connected to a small speaker on top. That's where the music has been coming from... you realized. 

You walked over it to turn the music off, spotting the name of the playlist as you tapped the pause button on the screen. Oh geez, 'Heart Broken Music To Cry To'? You glanced over at Sweet. They hadn't looked at you at all yet... from what you were aware of.

"Did... something happen, Sweet?" you asked, stepping carefully across the messy floor and seating yourself down on the edge of the bed.

"Maybe," Sweet vaguely answered, their voice quiet.

You frowned. "I don't want to push you to talk about it, but Cap'n and K_K are really worried about you." You paused. "I'm really worried about you. And if you're struggling with something... I... We want to be able to help you. But we can't really help much if we don't know what's wrong." 

Sweet turned their head some, twisting their body a bit away from the wall to look at you. Their singular eye had a tear settled in it. You held out your arms to them. "Do you want a hug?" 

They nodded, sniffing and sitting up before you wrapped your arms around them and pulled them in close to you. Your arms came around their back, and their legs, as they had their knees curled up to their chest. They blushed, comforted by the warmth, but were also reminded of what was bothering them. They began crying again, hugging you tightly as you hugged them back. Your cheek rested on top of their cube-shaped head.

After staying in each other's arms like that for a long time without speaking, Sweet finally spoke up first. "It happened yesterday," they began to explain, sniffing a bit. "We were hanging out as usual in the shop. Cap'n and K_K were having a dance off. We were sitting on top of the counter... Remember?"