Berdly- Everyone's A Critic

Requested by: hannathecartoonlover

Thanks for the request! :D Berdly's face here was me trying to find a cool artwork of him to put in here. That's- That's the funny part: There's like maybe four that exist- This guy is legit just a meme and now I feel kind of bad for him! 😂 Now onto the story!

Warning: May contain giving you a newfound love of Berdly, cringy-cute handshakes, Star Wars episode 9 spoilers (???), and popcorn so buttery that your hands are now water resistant.

~~~

"Hey Y/N!" your date called from where he stood in front of the movie theater, waving his hands around wildly to get your attention, as if his loud calling of your name wasn't enough. You laughed as you came up to him. 

"Hey Berdly!" you exclaimed. The two of you did a fist bump, a high five, bumped elbows, and then made an owl cooing sound. You both broke down in snickers. Your secret handshake never got old.

"You ready to witness the beauty and majesty of Sky Wars episode 9?" Berdly asked you eagerly.

"Oh H*LL YEAH," you replied enthusically, the two of you walking side by side to get into the line up. "I'm really excited to see what happens with the protagonist and antagonist's telepathy abilities."

Berdly sputtered, vibrating in nerdy excitement. "I KNOW RIGHT?!" he managed. "Though they better explain how it works too! I won't take the power of friendship- uh- fiendship as an answer!"

"Hehehe... The power of fiendship..." you chuckled. You both snickered again with hands covering your mouths. The two of you loved this franchise to death. Every other night, one of you would call the other before bed just to talk for hours about it. There was so much hidden and deep unanswered lore, and both of you had so many theories.

Going up to the ticket booth, you both requested two tickets at the same time, only to giggle like a couple of dorks. When the woman there told you both the price, you had began taking out your wallet, but Berdly suddenly took your hand. Your cheeks went pink in surprisemat the sudden yet quite gentle touch. 

"Y/N, please, allow me!" he said in a gentlemanly fashion, bowing a little bit. Then he took out his own wallet and handed the woman the money. 

The two of you walked in the doors as you shoved your wallet into your pocket. "That was cool of you, thanks Berdly!" you said.

"Of course! Everything for my favorite Sky Wars fanatic!" he exclaimed.

You smirked. "Cute, but I'm preeeetty sure it is supposed to be 'anything' not 'everything'..."

He playfully punched your arm and you just laughed. " Th-The words are interchangable!" he defended. "Anything and everything for you!"

"Aww," you cooed. His face went a shade of red underneath his blue feathers. You took his hand. "Hey, we gotta get snacks before the movie! Make sure you know what you want, because I insist on paying this time!"

"O-Okay," he murmured, staring at you in infatuation as you smiled while pulling him by the arm towards the snack bar. This was nothing like how he had felt for Susie once, it felt so much stronger than that. Sure, he recalled his heart beating hard when he saw her... buuuut that very well could have been mistaken partially for fear of the purple reptile monster instead. 

But when it was you... He smiled. When it was you, everything you did caught his attention and pulled it away from anything else.

Heck, he couldn't get work done when you were around, so he had to always tell you he had to get it done by himself... which he never enjoyed, but he didn't want to be about to fail something either. At least you were really understanding of it (even though he hadn't explained that you distracting him with your beauty being the problem), and he always went out of his way to make it up to you.