-The daughter and the start of a journey-

Four years have passed since Summer went missing and Qrow has struggled through thick and thin to raise two healthy children, he occasionally has Tai over as shortly after y/n's funeral Raven left, leaving Tai in a similar situation as Qrow.

Right now Tai was visiting as Qrow had been called out for a mission by Ozpin. Tai had set the kids in the living room whilst they watched old videos of y/n and the others, Ruby and Yang watched in amazement but Altair kept glancing outside at the forest looking as if he heard something he shook his head and continued watching the T.V.

Ruby & Yang: he's so cool!

They shouted as they watched a recording of y/n's debut, Altair nodded as he watched the recording he felt his chest twist slightly as he saw his father in the recording comfort a child.

Altair:' I wish I could've had that with you dad'

The boy thought as Tai saw the sad look on Altair's face and frowned as he remembered his promise, he looked out of the window and saw in the distance a faint pair of glowing orbs which stared into his soul, he blinked and they disappeared.

Altair: Uncle Tai...

The boy said as Taiyang was snapped from his thoughts, he spun to face the boy who looked unsure of himself and what he was going to ask.

Tai: what's wrong champ?

The Blonde asked raising his eyebrow, he watched as Altair fidgeted with his sleeve.

Altair: am...am I worthy of being his son?

He asked doubt filling his body as he worryingly waited for Tai's answer, the said adult simply chuckled lightly before ruffling Altair's h/c hair.

Tai: I think if he was here he wouldn't doubt you for a second, I can't speak for everyone but when I heard he died I was angry...

Altair looked up in confusion upon hearing Tai's words.

Altair: angry?

The boy queried as Tai nodded before taking a deep breath and sighing.

Tai: I was angry at myself, I pushed him away, barely had any contact with him and then on top of it all I wasn't able to apologise to him.

Altair looked down in thought as he absorbed Tai's words the boy then tilted his head at Tai.

Altair: why would you want to apologise to my father?

Tai: three months after me and Raven had bought our house and moved in, I made a terrible mistake and it pushed Y/n away from me and R-Raven, I later came to regret my actions but it was too late the damage was already done.

Altair nodded in understanding before the pair heard excited roars from the living room.

Tai: let's stop those two before we have to rebuild the house.

Tai said as Altair laughed slightly, the pair walked into the living room and saw Yang standing up straight, with her arm up above her head a cookie in her hand, a desperate Ruby was attempting to consume the cookie, Altair and Tai burst out laughing as the two girls froze in place staring at them as they had been caught.
________________________________________________
*Evernight castle*
April pov

I was sat next to my mother whose veins had been showing more since we heard that my father died, I remember her crying in her room for a week after she received that vision, she's been super protective of me and had me trained so that I can protect myself, however... She took in that Cinder aka Bitch, she constantly harasses me claiming that she will have my maiden powers. I'm now fifteen so mother has sent me out on some missions furthering Bitch's anger towards me.