"Today's the day," he said to himself. "Today, I'm going to confess my feelings for her."

Then he walked into the building.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the same time, Kyurene had just appeared inside the broadcast room with the cassette tape she received from Jadeite in hand.

"With this tape, all the audio recorded here will turn infected like a virus," she sinisterly chuckled. "All the music they record here will then contain the subliminal ultrasonic waves draining their energy."

She had just put the tape inside one of the machines when she heard the door handle creak. Fearing that she would get caught, Kyurene quickly hid behind one of the plants in the room. The door opened, and a young woman in short brunette hair walked inside, looking around as if she was looking for something. Then she saw the cassette tape that Kyurene had placed.

"Oh, there it is," she said. "I can't believe I almost forgot this. Yusuke would have been upset with me."

She walked to the machine and took the tape out, and placed it inside a case. Kyurene, who couldn't afford to lose that tape, prepared to attack the young woman extending her nails like they were claws. She was about to strike when a young man came into the room.

"Akiko, there you are," he said. "Mr. Amade's downstairs right now in the lobby."

"All right. I'll head down right now," said Akiko. "Geez. He didn't have to come in the rain."

Then Akiko and the man left the room.

"Damn it," cursed Kyurene as she retracted her nails, having to have failed in retrieving the tape.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the lobby, the man with the bouquet was waiting in the rain. Then Akiko came up to the man. She was a little surprised seeing how drenched he was, but she was happy to see him too.

"There you are, Yusuke. Oh, dear! You're soaking wet!" gasped Akiko. "Didn't you bring an umbrella or something? But, let me guess, you were probably just caught up in the moment dreaming up a new song, huh?"

"Yeah... kinda," said Yusuke bashfully, who was now hiding the bouquet behind his back.

Akiko then handed Yusuke the case containing the tape. "Here's your demo tape, by the way," she said. "I think it sounds wonderful. We should discuss recording it for release when we meet up next week."

"Uh... sure," replied Yusuke, who sounded a little nervous. "Akiko... Listen, you do realize that it's your birthday today, right?"

"Oh! You're right! It is!" said Akiko surprised that she had forgotten. "I completely forgot!"

Just then, the man from before came running up to her. "Akiko! We got a big problem with the mix!" he cried. "You have to come right away!"

"Oh no. Not again," sighed Akiko. She turned to Yusuke, also handing him the cassette tape. "I'm so sorry. I have to take care of this. Sometimes I feel like they can't tell what's what around here. Oh! And make sure you take my umbrella when you leave. It's the pink one by the front door. See you, Yusuke!"

Akiko then dashed away towards the elevator, leaving Yusuke sulking in disappointment.

"Oh, and one more thing!" she called before the elevator shut. "Make sure you come up with a great song title for that song by next week, OK?"