115. the professor & the headmaster

Start from the beginning

"A sink," Ingannamorte managed to get out in a weak whisper. "And a mirror. Uh...a, a window, and a door."

"One more," Claudia said as Ingannamorte continued to practically hyperventilate.

"A stall."

"Good! Good job," Claudia smiled encouragingly yet concernedly. "Okay, now you can name four things you can touch.

"The floor, my necklace...my pants and...your hand," she said, suddenly gripping onto Claudia's hand, which surprised the girl to no tomorrow but she couldn't allow herself to let go.

"You're doing great. Now, try and name three things you can hear."

"Water dripping...the wind and the rain."

"Great! Two things you can smell."

"Soap and pancakes."

"And one thing you can taste."

"Pumpkin juice," Ingannamorte finished, smiling faintly as Claudia expressed how proud she was of her, just like Remus always did.

Check.

"Are you feeling alright now?" Claudia asked after a few moments of silence.

"I'm alright, thank you, Claudia," she said, but her face told the girl otherwise.

"What happened?"

Ingannamorte turned her face up to meet the girl's familiar eyes, and suddenly she felt angry.

No, she felt furious.

"Your father happened," she said. "I get the feeling you don't like him either?"

"No," Claudia answered without missing a beat. "How could you tell?"

"Your body language," she said. "Even so, Claudia, you're a great actress. Reminds me of me."

Claudia paused for a few moments, and then she finally deemed herself brave enough. "Tell me."

"What?"

"Tell me everything," she said.

"You know I can't-"

"I think you can," Claudia said encouragingly. "Trust me. There's not much you can say that will surprise me about him anymore."

"I want to tell you, I really do," the professor said. "But I just can't."

"Why? Because of Dumbledore?"

Dumbledore.

"Yes," she nodded. "But, come to think of him, I've got somewhere to be. Maybe I can finally give you some clarity. Come with me."

"Where?"

"To Dumbledore's office, of course," Ingannamorte said. "He did me wrong, Claudia. And I do not like to be wronged."

"But why am I coming?"

"Because you've been wronged too," she said, and then she walked out of the lavatory, expecting Claudia to follow just as she did, only for the pair to eventually end up in Dumbledore's office.

Dumbledore had just said his goodbyes to Charles, who he had no particular liking to, and Margaret, who he respected profoundly. Even so, it came to no surprise to him that Ingannamorte stormed into his office with a furious look on her face.

But, the thing that did come to a surprise was the girl that was with her.

"Ah, Fayola-"

"Cut your bullshit!" Ingannamorte snapped. "Why the hell where they here?!"

Dumbledore stood calmly as he opened his mouth to speak, "Ms. Maple, I ask of you to excuse us so that we can discuss this matter in private-"