Chapter 12

(Y/n) POV)

27-45 Shutoku, 2nd quarter, 1:56 on the clock. We could barely hang in there until half time. It was quiet in the locker room as I sat away from the team fuming with anger.

Coach: "Hey, everyone..." Her fists were shaking and she was blushing.

Hyuga: "Coach, it's okay. You're probably going to say something stupid anyway. Read the situation."

'Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT! I haven't been able to stop him once!' On instinct I stood and punched the wall as hard as I could. 'Damn it.' I could feel everyone looking at me. I slowly pulled my fist away staring at the hole in the wall. "You know... I'm done losing to him. Kagami... swap with me every other drive on defense. You can keep him on offense, but I know I can't beat him by myself yet. So help me out will you?" Kaga-chin stiffened as I hadn't used his actual name for a while.

Kaga-chin: "Yeah, got it."

"Now who to blame for the hole in the wall..." I muttered to myself. I zoned out till we got on the court again. I was playing shooting guard while Hyuga-senpai was moved over to small forward. Kuro-chin was benched and Mitobe-senpai was brought into the game. As we got started on offense, Mitobe-senpai dribbled down the court before quickly passing it off to Hyuga-senpai.

RFY: "Hyuga-senpai, behind you!" I felt a tingling sensation in my body and listened to its suggestion. I went to catch the ball as it was tipped out of Hyuga-senpai's hands, but it just barely went by and into Mido-chin's waiting hands. Kaga-chin was there to try and pick up my slack when he jumped to block his shot. I felt my eyes widen at how close he was to getting a finger on the ball. Mido-chin began walking past him as I walked up and patted his back.

"Keep going. We've got this!" He nodded as we went on the attack. Izuki-senpai threw the ball behind him and it landed into my hands perfectly. I smirked as I pulled up for the mid range shot. It's not as impressive as Mido-chin's threes, but for now it'll have to do. "Man~, I love that sound." Of course I was referring to the swish of the net. Shutoku wasn't just going to let the point gap go down so easily. Broccoli boy got the ball and went to shoot again, but this time I barely saw Kaga-chin's finger hit the ball. We all watched as the ball rolled and rolled around the hoop before going in.

Takao: "That was close."

SP(Shutoku Player): "That's the first time I've seen Midorima's shot go in like that."

Mido-chin: "Hey. You, what's your sign."

Kaga-chin: "Me? I'm a Leo."

(Oha Asa report)

'With your lucky item, Shigaraki raccoon, you have nothing to fear. However, your compatibility with Leo is very poor. Be careful if you run into one.'

(Back to the game)

Mido-chin: "That horoscope really is always right." Our offensive drive went well with me passing to Hyuga-senpai who scored the wide open three pointer.

"Nice shot, Captain!"

Takao: "Well done, but our Midorima is even more unstoppable." Mido-chin got past Kaga-chin allowing Takao to pass him the ball. Though he was guarding him from full court, and rightfully so. I ignored the others as I let my mind focus on only the ball. I stared hard at Mido-chin as I analyzed his stance. I began moving as I saw Takao set up the screen on Kaga-chin and instantly stood in front of Mido-chin. I stared him dead in the eyes not blinking once. I saw him pull up to shoot, but I also saw Kaga-chin in a full on sprint coming our way.

Kaga-chin: "The longer the shot, the longer it takes to make the shot!" Once again he touched it and I smirked to myself.

"Be ready!" I didn't bother turning around as I knew what would happen. The sound of the ball bouncing off the rim surprised many, but as Mitobe-senpai went to grab the rebound, the center just grabbed the ball over him and slammed it in. On offense I drove for the layup.