How on earth could a Shinto be here? Without anyone noticing it? I'm sure the people who clean the park have seen it.

I decided to follow the stairs up that gate. It wasn't probably the best idea, but I was dead curious. I had heard of Shinto shrines, but never seen one myself. Maybe I'd just take a quick scan and then leave.

Step after step, it felt eternal, but I was already so far, I couldn't possibly just give up and go down, so I kept walking, determined to arrive to the end of the stairs.

As I walk up, another red colored thing catches my attention.

I realized, the sky was completely dark, as if it was very late at night. I felt so awfully confused. Just some minutes ago, the sky was orange from the setting sun, but it wasn't possible it turned dark that fast.

Confused, my eyes keep trying to find the red thing I saw a few seconds ago, until something truly weird happened.

Red lights. All over the sky.

As much as I wanted to feel freaked out, I wasn't. I was intrigued.

The red lights started to move around, as if they were dancing, and it was beautiful. It could have been hours, but I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

Another light passes right in front of me; gleaming red, the size of a baseball ball. It moved back and forth, as if it wanted me to follow, so I did.

I had already forgotten about the Shinto, the hill, the hour. I couldn't even see my surroundings anymore, as the light became stronger and stronger ahead of me.

Suddenly, it stops, still in front of me, doing nothing. Unwittingly, I stick out my hand, wanting to touch it. My finger went through it, it felt piercing cold.

As soon as I took back my finger, it disappeared. I looked up to the sky, nothing. It was back to orange color, the forest wasn't as dense.

I was bewildered. Did I just daydream that?

No way. It was very real.

Curiosity was hitting me harder than ever, so I went ahead; looking for that red light again. I know I'm not crazy and I know what I saw.

Stubbornly, I managed to get to the top end of the stairs, but it was just more forest. It felt like the top of the hill wasn't any closer.

Already freaked out, I decided it was better to go back down.

As soon as I turn around, my eyes land on two figures a few trees away from me. It took some more seconds for me to realize I was hearing moans.

This can't be happening again.

Of course, I thought I somehow ended up in a midd road between left and right, and that I had ran into my boss and his partner, untill I realized it wasn't him.

But hell, I wasn't going to stay around and ask them if they needed anything, so I quickly walked back down, ignoring them.

Of course, I couldn't get away without being noticed, that would have been too easy. The male figure turned around and saw me, as they heard me.