Chapter 1 ❀ "Grumpy pants"

Start from the beginning

The words spoken seemed to cause a crowd to form around the newest student entering the room, and if counted correctly, they were the last student.
Whoever was the new entry was also on the brink of being late.

Shoto sure this guy was just a wannabe hero that would give up once things start getting hard.
He probably had one good moment at the entrance exam and now thinks he's the shit.

"Didn't you get like...first place?" A chubby faced girl asked, shyly. She was embarrassed but also curious. Yet her voice still had a hint of jealousy.

So this guy got first place, huh?, Todoroki thought.

Shoto sat up in his seat as he tried to get a look at the guy. However, the circle his new classmates formed around the student was making it very difficult to see anything but the back of their multi colored heads.

"Ah geez cmon...don't bring that up...now I'm embarrassed." Spoke a small voice from the middle of the crowd.

That voice was feminine.

Todoroki was definitely expecting the holder of first place in entrance exam to be male. It was a twist to know that they were indeed a woman, but that hardly changes anything.

At the end of the day, Shoto knew she couldn't stand a chance against him. Still, it was intriguing that a female would have a quirk destructive enough to place her in first. It wasn't common for women to have heavy damage dealing quirks and it's a main reason as to why there are more male pro heros than females.

The school bell rang loudly through the room, signaling that class was now in progress.
As the students realized the time, the crowd began to dissipate around the mysterious girl as everyone made their way to their seats.
Now Shoto was finally able to get a good look at the 'hotshot' that had everyone practically kissing her shoes.

To his surprise, they made eye contact. She was looking at him long before he looked at her. His eyes slightly widened in surprise but the rest of him stayed stoic like a statue.

She had dark chestnut eyes, light enough to be seen from afar but dark enough to rival her skin tone.
Her pupils were large, like one would be after drinking or smoking, yet, she seemed sober on all counts.
Her lips were parted as she inhaled sharp breaths, the bottom a rose pink; the top a burnt sugar brown.
And that face, while still having the baby fat of a normal fifteen year old, was somewhat dignified and mature. Those cheek bones of hers were slightly pudgy yet sharp. That jaw line was defined. Even her upturned button nose looked contoured.
Her hair reached down to her mid-back. Each strand was thick and braided together. Thin gold colored lockets were present on each of her braids as well as decorative gold colored string which was only partially wrapped around some.

Some might say she was a 'breath of fresh air' when it came to the people of Japan.
It certainly seemed that students at U.A high agreed with that fact. Most of the boys kept their eyes on her even from their seated positions.
However, her attention seemed to only be heterochromia having loner in the back of the room.

He squinted his eyes as she stared, expecting her to break any moment. But in spite of that, she didn't look away.

For the first time in what felt like forever, she didn't look away in disgust or fear. She held eye contact with him and smiled like he was a long lost friend.
Her teeth were pearly white. Todoroki exhaled a breath he didn't know he was holding in. It came out shaky and uneven.
After a few more seconds, Shoto forced his eyes to look away from her, hoping that the glimmer of hope in her pupils didn't mean she was planning on coming closer.