Chapter 27 ~ Cosmic Caresses (M)

Start from the beginning

__________________

A knock came at Faeriel's door not long after she awoke on her second day. She had spent the morning musing about her possible twin and daydreaming of Legolas. Faeriel opened the door and smiled shyly at the elleth standing there. She wore a gown of shimmering frost silver satin that complimented her dark hair and light grey eyes beautifully.

"My lady," the elleth smiled, "I am Liannë. I am come to fit you for new garments and see what you might require."

"Oh?" Faeriel already had two outfits, but she felt it would be churlish to refuse such an offer. Besides, her clothing had seen better days. Given the magnificence of the elves' raiment, it would help her blend in better if she had a crisp new set. She had received many stares thus far, and being the center of attention made her squirm.

With a long red ribbon, Liannë deftly measured her height, shoulders, hips, waist, the length of her arms, and her bust, making notations upon a scroll. Faeriel blushed, feeling a little self conscious.

The lady was friendly, chatting a bit as she went. Faeriel learned that Liannë was an apprentice and her family were all cloth makers. Liannë asked what other supplies Faeriel needed, but she could not think of anything to request.

Not long after Liannë departed, another elf arrived bearing a fresh tray of food. Faeriel thanked him profusely, feeling very grateful though a bit overwhelmed by all the attention.

Once they were alone again, she brought the tray to the bed, folded her legs under her and had a feast of fruits with Rusco, who regaled her with the epic tale of his morning explorations in the gardens.

Energized, Rusco soon bounded out again. Faeriel could not resist a morning soak in the hot spring even though she needed it not. It was purely for pleasure, and she had more of it than expected, for those breathless new sensations filled her with every thought of Legolas and his tender touches.

One hour after her bath another knock came. Faeriel was out on the balcony enjoying a ray of sun, and eagerly she skipped to the door, hoping it was Legolas. But it was Liannë once more. Faeriel greeted the elleth as she entered the room with a neat swathe of different colored fabrics draped over her arms. Faeriel could see a muted grey-blue velvet, a deep blue velvet, a burgundy red, and a gossamer white.

"We have altered these gowns to fit you my lady," Liannë told her. "One dressing gown, two for daytime, and a cloak. We shall begin work on other sets for you. What are your colors and styles of preference?"

Faeriel gaped. Liannë crossed to the armoire and Faeriel followed, watching as she opened it and began hanging the gowns inside. They were too fine, with satin ribbons at the backs and intricate embroidery on the elegant necklines and sweeping bell sleeves. She reached out to touch the velvet, shocked at its supple softness. She had never had a proper gown before, only a nightgown.

"Oh, my...But these are...more than enough..."

"My lady, we are to make you several more, and new travel tunics and slacks, at least twelve outfits in sum—"

"Oh—Oh my! You need not go to all that trouble! Maybe one pair of slacks and a tunic, as mine are worn, but—"

Liannë held up her hand, a kindly smile gracing her features. "The Prince has asked it, and we have already begun. The moss is being spun as we speak, and the mushrooms textured for the slacks. What hues are your preference?"

Faeriel glanced at the gowns in the closet, then down at her worn olive green tunic and dark leggings. "These...the hues of earth and leaf, of stone and sky......though any are just fine..." she offered. "But—"