Chapter 11

Julie's POV

I can't believe the studio is burned down. How did this happen? Does Caleb have anything to do with this?

Everything that was in there is gone. Destroyed. All the memories of making music with my mom, it's all gone.

"We're looking at plans to get it rebuilt with insurance, but we may not be able to replace everything that was in there."  My dad says. I slowly nod my head, my throat to tight and numb to speak. "Obviously this wasn't an accident so we have police looking into who might have done this."

There was no use for that. The person who did it was dead.

Luke's POV

Memories were slowly coming back to me, but in blurry pieces that were hard to piece together. Here's what I know from what people have told me and from what I can piece together.

Me, Alex, and Reggie were in a band called Sunset Curve, not Swerve (apparently a lot of people called us that) and we were are all close friends. I know that we were supposed to play the Orhpum in 1995 but died just hours before because we ate bad hotdogs (that were evidently posioned by our fourth band mate Bobby Shaw but he changed his name to Trevor Wilson, and he was alive). I don't even know. It's all still confusing, like if Bobby or Trevor or whatever is name is was really our friend, why did he kill us? He also stole a bunch of Sunset Curve's songs that I apparently wrote. I don't know why he can't just write his own music.

The only thing I was one hundred percent sure about was that I am in love with Reggie and have been for a long time. When he told me he felt the same I was honestly really shocked.

I'm walking alone on the beach while everyone is at the house trying to salvage what they can from the studio. I know I should be helping, but I just need some alone time to think.

Also another thing about me being a ghost, apparently everyone can see me still. It's something to do with Julie apparently. Before we came visable to all lifers(which are alive people by the way, according to Reggie and Alex), she was the only one who could see us and when we played music with her, everyone could see us. Now people can just see us? I mean what kinda ghost am I?

Wait-

If I can be seen by lifers, that means my parents can see me! I can actually visit them!

I look around and no one was watching so I quickly poof away and appear on my parents front porch.

I was about to knock but I began to doubt. Wouldn't seeing their dead son at their house scare them? How would I explain this?

Maybe it's better I don't visit them. Not yet anyway. I turn around and bump into a man with a purple jacket.

I know this has to be Caleb, right?

"Luke, you might want to come with me, you're being lied to." He says.

"I don't trust you." I say.

"Well you should, we do make an excellent team after all." The man smiles. He holds out his hand for me to take, but if this is Caleb, I can't trust him. Reggie and Alex say he's dangerous. "What did they tell you about me?" He asks. "Because you can't trust them. They are the evil ones."

"I don't believe you." I say.

"Let me prove it to you then." He says.

Caleb's POV

I finally have a plan to get the boys in my band, and that plan starts with Luke. If I could convince him he can't trust his friends, that I'm the one he needs to trust, I could get him to join me. Alex and Reggie will follow once they realize what he's done and I'll have myself a band. They won't be a threat to me anymore. 

I was trying to convince Luke to come with me, but he is relentless. Part of him knows he can't trust me, so this will deffintly be harder than I thought.

"I don't believe you." He says. Even with out his memeroises he's stubborn.

"Let me prove it to you then." I say. I grab his wrist and I poof us to the Hollywood Ghost Club.

Luke wiggles free and backs away from me. "Get away from me!" He says. "Why'd you bring me here!?" He asks looking around.

"Luke, come on now, we're a team." I say. "You have to trust me, you can't believe a word they told you."

"And why's that?" He asks.

"Because I can give you your memories back." I grin. 

Now, before you go getting your hopes up, of.coirse I'm not going to give him back his real memories. That would be stupid. I will give him fake memories, ones of our partnership so he'll trust me. It's a perfect plan, nothing could go wrong.

Besides, they didn't even have a studio anymore now that Trevor burnt it down for me. Sooner or later they'll realize I'm their only option.

Julie's POV

I realized that since Trevor basically kidnapped me, I didn't get to hang out with Carrie. I wonder what her dad told he then I mysteriously disapeared.

I knocked on the front door and Carrie answered.

"Julie?" She says. "Hey what are you doing here?"

"Hey, sorry about flaking when we were gonna hang out." I say. "But I have an explanation...and it's gonna sound crazy."

"It's fine, my dad told me you had a thing with Flynn." Carrie says.  I could tell she was dissapointed.  Looking back at how we ended things, it all started to make sense. She was always second to Flynn, which is why she started ghosting me. I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who was constantly comparing me to someone else either. 

"Carrie, it's not like that I swear." I say. "Please let me explain."

"Okay, I'm listening." Carrie says.

"Alright, well...come with me, I need to show you something." I say. It's time to tell her about the truth the band, about the guys being ghosts. Here goes nothing.