Chapter 8: Complications

Luke's POV

I was trying to figure out how I can access Caleb's mind to figure out what he's planning. If I can figure out want he's planning, we might be able to stop him.

But how could I access his mind like he is so easily accessing mine to fool everyone? What if I couldn't and there is no way to stop him? What if we already lost?

No. I won't expect that. I will make sure we all get out of this, Alex and Reggie at the very least.

Caleb and Reggie are at the park, and I'm trying to figure out why he wants to bring him here. What's his plan? That seems to be the question of the hour.

Maybe he wants the studio to be empty. Alex was with Willie and Julie....well now that I think about it I don't know where Julie is. She should have cam home from Flynn's by now. Maybe I just missed her coming home, yeah that was probably it. I've been so focused on trying to get inside Caleb's mind I didn't realize Julie came home.

So, if Caleb is trying to get the studio empty, why? What's he gonna do?

Julie's POV

I wake up to find myself in a soft bed, my head resting on a pillow just was as soft as a cloud. I say up an looked around, I wasn't in my room, meaning I didn't just wake up from a dream. Did Trevor....kidnap me!?

I check my pockets for my phone but of course it's gone. What am I gonna do? More importantly, what's Trevor gonna do to me? I look around the room of clues and that's when I see the sign on the door.

HGC. It was the same symbol that floated off the boys' wrist. I'm at the Hollywood Ghost Club.

So, is Trevor working with Caleb? What if he told Caleb the boys were still alive. They could be in danger, we  could all be in danger.

It'll be fine. I tell myself. The boys will realize I'm gone and come save me.

Unless Caleb has them too.

Caleb's POV

I was at the park with Reggie and William was with Alex. Little did he know he was actually helping me by sneaking around with Alex. Now that the studio was empty, Trevor can do what we talked about.

"So why'd you want to come here?" Reggie asks.

"Just to get out of the studio for a bit, get some fresh air." I say. "And I figured here would be quite than the beach....so we can talk."

"Oh, okay." Reggie says. "Talk about what?"

"Just talk. About anything." I say. My hope is that I would get him talking and he'd just keep on talking for a while until it was safe to go back to the studio, or what will be left of it.

"Oh....well what do you want to talk about?" Reggie asks.

Goddamnit just talk.

"How about we talk about Star Wars." I suggest. I didn't have to dig deep in Luke's brain to see that Reggie loves Star Wars. "You can talk about Hans Solo or whoever."

"Really? Uh...okay." Reggie says. "Wait, actually...I um..... I'm not feeling well I'm gonna go back to the studio."

"No!" I say. Shoot that sounds desperate. He's already feeling something off. "I mean, uh, here sit down." I say leading him to a bench. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing....just a headache." Reggie says nervously. He started messing with his fingers and his knee started to shake. There was no way he knows.

"Hey um Luke, h-how um.... When did my parents get a divorce?"

Crap, he's on to me. I tired to search for the answer in Luke's head but it wasn't there, it was like he was hiding it from me.

"I um, I can't remember the exact date." I answer.

Reggie springs up from the bench and backs away. F*ck. He knows.

I sigh and slowly stand up and take a step towards him and he takes about ten steps back.

"Stay away from me." He says. "What did you do to Luke!?"

"Relax Reggie, I don't want to hurt you." I say. It wasn't a complete lie, I want for this to be as painless as possible, but they want to refuse my offer, leaving me no other choice but to use force.

I feel Luke start fighting me again, trying to get me away from Reggie. I am losing power but I am still stronger. 

"It's all fine, it me...I promise it's really me."

"No, no I know it's you Caleb." Reggie says.

"You really don't trust me?" I ask.

Reggie shakes his head. This is just great...we were to far in the plan for complications now. I need to take care of this. I was about to grab him, but he poofs away before I can. 

Reggie's POV

I don't know what it was, but suddenly I got this bad feeling that Luke wasn't really Luke. I don't know what brought it on, it just came randomly. So I ask him a trick question to see if it's really him. I ask him when my parents got a divorce. They never got a divorce, and Luke knows that. When he said he didn't remember the date, I knew it had to be Caleb.

I poofed away to the studio. "Alex? Alex!?" I call out, then I remember he was out with Willie. That means he's safe, for now at least.

I climb up the latter to hid in the loft and try to come up with some sort of plan to get Luke unpossessed. I don't watch much horror movies but from the ones I've seen, an exorcism could be a painful process and even kill the vessel. I don't want to hurt Luke, so I have to find another way.

All of the sudden I feel someone grab me and I am poofed out of the studio.