CHAPTER TWELVE

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

'regulus'

Though, on the other side of somewhere there laid a boy.

A boy with sharp features, features that oh so resembled someone else's.

Though they were on complete different sides. One against their own free will while the other had no one there to control him like a puppet for mischief and evil.

If anyone were to see them intercept you would think they hated each other and that's what the both of them thought as well. That the love they once had departed and perished. But deep down in the pit of their hearts they knew the love they once had when they were only naive little boys still dwelled and would always will, if they either wanted to admit it or not. It still lived.

But,

There laid Regulus Black in his sleep wear staring into space on his bed back at the Slytherin dormitories while the other half of the boys were getting ready for bed, some were out doing something they weren't supposed to be doing or maybe even studying he thought. Or even,

But before he got to finish his train of thoughts he suddenly heard the sound of pecking on the window near by.

He slowly got up thinking it was an owl from his mother back home making sure he wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to.

But when he opened the window he was met with a unfamiliar barn owl. His head tilted slightly as he sighed to himself before he let the owl in as he grabbed the letter addressed to him as he swiftly tossed a treat to the owl and giving it a quick rub on the head before he opened up the mystery letter as he sat on his bed beginning to read carefully.

Dear Regulus

Hello, you probably forgotten whom I am already but that's fine because I Just wanted to reach out to you to make sure you're doing alright with everything going on at the moment.

And I just wanted to let you know quickly, if anything you are the most welcome at my home if you needed a place to shelter and I'm sure the others wouldn't mind as well but who cares about them but also, if you ever needed anyone to talk to I'm always open not that you should as we only bumped into each other a few times and exchanged a few hellos and thank you's in the library. And also and lastly to make sure you're okay and doing well and maybe someday somewhere we could meet up though you probably wouldn't want to. The least you could do in exchange is send a letter back at least with a rude note. Please. I just hate the feeling of the fact you might need someone to talk to and not being able to talk to someone because you have no one and with the stories I've been told. And I totally get it if you don't want to.

Sincerely- Isabelle John's

P.s. sorry if I seem desperate

At the last part Regulus eyes widened and a short and brief gasp escaped his lips. Why on earth would a muggleborn reach out to him.

Out of all people.

Him.

Especially when they knew they were associated with his brother or yet worse friends with his brother that basically the whole world knew he didn't get along with.

Not until his own blood betrayed him and left him in the blinding dark, with no so ever guidance to the light.

Left in the darkness with no resources or communication to survive.

Left to drown by himself.

Pity.

He didn't like the pity of others either.

He hated it.

His eyes burned as he looked down on the letter. Not sure what to do. His tight grip on the letter causing noticeable wrinkles as he took a deep breath and let it out.

Don't think he would ever forget one encounter he had with Isabelle where he called her a mudblood when his brother first left him. The jealousy he got when his brother only paid attention to his best friend, James Potter so he took his slight anger on the girl James Potter slobbered all over.

But when he got to no little reaction when he called her the so called word he was stunned. Usually a muggleborn would run away and cry or hex you but she didn't seem bothered by the word as if she's been called it a thousand times to the point she just became numb to the word or she just learned to not get offended or hurt by the word.

He knew the feeling of being neglected and being pushed over and over so after the incident he felt the guilt inside him brew.

So Regulus did what he did best, he sent an anonymous single flower to her dorm as a sorry. And that was the end of it.

He was weak.

What? he was giving in so easily.

Imagine him as a death eater.

Hatred.

But now the person he least expected, out of all people who could've reaching out to him.

After a while at staring at the letter for a couple seconds that felt like they lasted a couple of longing minutes he decided he knew what he was going to do.

He set the letter down before grabbing a piece of his own parchment and his quill before writing away into the night quickly.

******

Well that was it for this chapter hoped you liked also sorry if it seems short I really am trying to make them longer, I'm also thinking of doing a separate fic for Regulus so yeah thank you and make sure you're taking care of yourself and I am greatful for the things I have and hope you guys have an amazing day, night, evening, or week- Love Missy <3

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵