Chapter 5

You guys probably won't really like me at the end of this chapter and will probably hate me after the next one but remember everything happens for a reason...

Chapter Five

    My phone began to ring as I sat in Giovanni’s arms. I picked it up to see my grandparents caller ID. I answered it.

    “Naomi, we need to talk to you.” Grandpa said immediately. “Come over here as soon as you can.”

    “Okay.” I replied. He hung up after I said that. I pulled my phone from my ear to stare at it. He had never hung up on me without saying he loved me before. I shook my head and moved out of the bed. I looked over at Giovanni. He had moved closer to me and took my hand. He lead me downstairs where he tossed my bag on his back. “I’ve got to go guys.” I said to Abby and Tom with a wave. They waved back as we walked out.

    “I’ll take you home.” He smiled at me and lead the way. The ride was silent and soon we were walking into the white living room to find my grandparents sitting there waiting. They looked between me and Giovanni. If it had been any other day I would’ve put some space between us but I didn’t care anymore. Holding his hand made it feel as if he was the only thing holding me here. “What is it Grandma, Grandpa?” I asked to get their attention off of my hand in Giovanni’s.

    “We need to talk to you away from the wol... Him.” Grandpa said. I immediately opened my mind up. Damn it! The wolf wasn’t supposed to be there. I stared at him.

    “The wolf stays.” I snapped. Grandpa put blocks up so that I couldn’t read his mind again and Giovanni growled as his hand tightened on mine.

    “Naomi, I don’t think you should be trusting him.” Grandma spoke up. My eyes landed on her. I could see the worry there and the anger when she looked at Giovanni.

    “She can trust me. Even if everyone else were to turn their backs on her I would still be there for her.” Giovanni replied calmly. “She’s my mate. You two should know what that’s like.”

    “I think you should say what you want to say.” I said as I tugged Giovanni’s hand so we could sit down. I looked over at my grandparents.

    “I don’t want him around right now.” Grandpa said.

    “I’m staying.” Giovanni said. Grandpa opened his mouth to say something but I wasn’t in the mood.

    “Enough!” I yelled. “Would you have told me if I hadn’t met Giovanni?” I asked Grandpa. His silence was answer enough. “Then you had best hurry up and tell me before I break down the walls you put up and find out that way.” He looked at me for a moment before sighing.

    “Your father was a werewolf.” Grandma said. “He was a very powerful one but his pack was attacked and massacred by a group of rogues and witches.”

    “We were part of his pack. We barely managed to survive.” Grandpa took over. “We don’t know what happened with your father or who he was. Someone had hidden the memory from us.” The scent of lavender. His name was Kirk Hale.

    “Kirk Hale?” I said as I looked over at my grandparents. Everyone perked up at his name.

    “I’ve heard that name before but I can’t remember where.” Giovanni spoke up.

    “Maybe your parents will know more.” I said. He nodded thoughtfully at me. I looked back to my grandparents. “What about my mother? Was she just a human?”

    “No, she wasn’t but we never found out what she was.” Grandma said.

    “What was her name?” Giovanni asked.