Chapter 2: A Different Day (2)

Kushida and I went to Pallet Café, even though she walks beside me she keeps silent.

I'm curious what she wants to talk to me about, but I'll let time pass until she tells me at the coffee shop.

Kushida: "Hey, this is awkward right?"

Apparently, she decided to break the silence. I turned around to answer her question and tried to have a conversation with her.

But before I say anything, I stop when I see the "other" Kushida.

I still don't know which one is real, and that bothers me a bit since I can't know what she thinks or how she will act.

Which makes it hard for me to try to use her as a tool.

Ayanokouji: "..."

Kushida: "Calm down Ayanokouji-kun. I was just annoyed by the silence there, and wanted to chat a bit on the way like we used to do before."

Before, huh? I guess that would be possible, but it's not possible anymore since that night.

I remember the night where I inadvertently discovered her and she threatened me.

Kushida: "You still think about that? Well it's partly my fault, so I don't blame you if you're careful when dealing with me, but..."

Kushida suddenly became nervous and her voice sounded somewhat apologetic.

Kushida: "You could at least forget that part and put your hand down, I-It's a bit embarrassing."

Ayanokouji: "My hand?"

I haven't noticed that my hand is doing jerky movements. Remembering that night the moment I touched Kushida's chest.

I lowered it and apologized.

Ayanokouji: "Sorry."

I don't know why I did that, maybe it's because I never experienced that feeling in my life.

Kushida: "It's okay, you can't help it. After all you're a guy... b-but if it's you... I don't mind."

I was surprised to hear that from Kushida, besides I could notice a slight blush on her face. We'd better continue on our way to the café.

Before we continued, someone called out to me, reaching my hand from behind. I turned to see who it was.

Ayanokouji: "Ichinose?"

Ichinose: "Hello Ayanokouji-kun, Kushida-san."