Chapter 1: A Different Day (1)

Ayanokouji's POV

I entered the classroom, and I noticed the atmosphere in the class. 

Not surprising, after all, I knew that any expulsion would affect the others. Some are still wondering if Yamauchi will come back and others didn't think about it, but they look downcast, and some don't care and go on with their lives like Koenji.

I head to my seat and I can tell that Hirata still hasn't arrived.

Horikita: "After all, the expulsion of a classmate affected him significantly."

Ayanokouji: "I didn't think you cared about others."

I didn't notice that my neighbor Horikita arrived in the classroom.

Horikita: "I don't care, but I think you should, after all the class leader is absent and that will be a problem."

I pointed out the problem towards the class, hoping she would solve it.

Ayanokouji: "I can see without a leader and the way everyone is now, we will have problems as a class on the next exam."

Well, with that Horikita will take over the class and I can have some rest for a while.

...

The class went on normally, ignoring the mood of the others. 

I was heading towards my room, but someone grabbed my arm and spoke to me.

Kushida: "A-Ayanokouji-kun, can we go to lunch together today? I have something important to talk to you."

I don't know what she is planning, but she helped me in the previous exam. I guess I owe her.

Ayanokouji: "Alright, let's go."