"She wouldn't want an old man like me. But I guess since she's my property, I can do what I want with her. She wouldn't have a choice but to have me." Victor says staring at me. I know he's only saying this to get a rise out of me and I fight the reaction I know he's looking for.

"How would that make you feel Seven? If I were to have my way with your pretty little flower?" Victor taunts and I'm too slow to stop my hands from balling into clenched fists by my sides at the thought of him within touching distance of Lilianna.

Victor's snake eyes lock onto my hands movement right away and he smirks. He's got a rise out of me which tells him everything he needs to know.

"See how weak a woman makes you." Victor gestures to me.

"She's got inside your head, and now you make it easier for anyone else to." He explains as he begins to pace slowly in front of me.

"Need I remind you the dangers of a woman, Seven?" He asks and I stay silent. Annoyed at myself because I know he's right. She did get in my head, and he was able to use her so easily to get into mine. I hate it. I hate the hold she has over me already.

"A woman was the reason your father was murdered." Victor reminds me and my jaw clenches at the mention of my father.

"His own best friend chose the touch of a woman over a lifetime of friendship with your father. And that detective bitch wormed her way so far into his head he chose to give your father up to the authorities. Murdering him in her custody! A woman weakened what should have been the strongest of alliances and tore your family apart!" He shouts at the end.

I've heard this story many, many times growing up. And it infuriates me every time. The betrayal my father faced right before his death by the one he trusted most outrages and disgusts me. And I always swore I'd never make those same mistakes that were made by them both. I'd vowed to never trust anyone, and to never get close to a woman. Like Victor pointed out, they just make you weaker and easier to get in your head.

I've taken those vows very seriously since I was ten. For fourteen years I haven't trusted anyone completely. I haven't been with a woman longer than a night, nor have I cared to. But then I met Lilianna. She makes me want to be around her all the time and I find myself taking any opportunity I can to try get close to her, any opportunity to try touch her soft skin.

I didn't understand it at first, who am I kidding I still don't understand it. She's become a confusing outlier to my vows and it's been driving me fucking mad trying to figure out why. Why her? Is it because I know I can't have her? Because I can't touch her? It's seems unlikely as none of the other girls who work here make me feel this way. Or is it because I know she'd never want someone like me? She's smart, obviously beautiful and way out of my league. The type to marry a successful doctor, or lawyer or politician.

Some days I wish I could just fuck her to get her out of my head. But something deep down tells me fucking her just once won't be the end to it. And that in fact sleeping with her would probably make it worse. I wouldn't be able to handle just one time, I would want her even more after that. Just imagining being with her has driven me mad every night since I first saw her.

"We're the only family each other have now Seven." My uncle reminds me, taking me out from my thoughts of Lilianna.

"I've done everything I can to protect you from his mistakes. To raise you how my brother would have wanted. I'd hate to see you fall short of your true potential because you were too weak." Victor speaks quieter and almost sounds sincere. Almost.

"I won't let you down, uncle." I promise him and he nods. Satisfied with my answer. He's quiet for a moment as he watches me. My body tensed, bracing itself for the potential beat down about to be delivered to me, but surprisingly it doesn't come.