I Hate You ~ Cali and Tex backstory

Just some backstory for these two.
Hope you like it.

~~~~~

He shakely pushed himself up to be on all fours. Breathing heavily, he felt the blood dripping down his face from his head. He coughed as the dust around him continued to settle.
As he tried to catch his breath he could feel a piece of circular metal pushed against his forehead. He knew very well what was being held against his skin. He slowly looked up, sitting back on his knees, his arms dangling at his sides. His eyes adjusted to the light. When they finally adjusted he was met with a far to familiar face.
His precious younger sister, who was now holding him at gunpoint. She was clearly wrestling back tears. She let out a shaking breath once their eyes met. He gave her a wry smile, she responded by pushing the gun to his head harder.
"Good to see you too, Cali." His voice was raspy and weak.
"Don't. Call me that." She demanded.
"Why not? What's happened to you Cali?" He asked.
"You know full well I'm not the issue, I'm not the one who's changed and you know it. And I said, Don't. Call. Me. That." She tried to hide the cracks in her voice as she made her statement.
He was fully aware of the fact he'd changed. Although he was also very aware that she had also changed a great deal.
She wasn't the same ever since they had met again after being separated, and certainly not since the night by the pond.
"Why?" Her soft voice pulled him back.
"Why what?"
"Why would you side with them? They stood for such awful things, why would you join that?" Her voice shook with the rest of her body. He didn't answer. He couldn't answer. And if she was honest with herself, she didn't really want an answer.
"So what are you going to do? Shoot me? Take your aim." He stated. She took a step back in shock.
"Texas..." She softly whispered just loud enough for him to hear.
"You won't. You can't." He stated. Upon hearing this, rage took over, she held the gun to his head once again.
"YES I CAN!" She yelled, tears streaming down her face. "What happened to you when you left? You aren't the Texas who protected me when we were small."
"You're right. You know why? Because he went out into the real world, and shit happened to him, and he realized how cruel people can be."
"Then why would you join such cruel people?!" She pushed the gun harder. Once again, he went silent. "You know, I used to look up to you. I used to want to be just like you. As a kid, you were the greatest person to ever live in my eyes, you could do no wrong. I hate that. I hate that I wanted to be like you, because you know what? Now I realize, you're no hero, you're a monster. You deserve everything that happened to you." He could feel tears sting his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.
"You don't even know everything I've been through, you sheltered little brat." He spat under his breath, just barely audible to her.
"I had hoped you weren't byond help, that we could get along again like we used to... But now I see how dumb I was to think you could change. Ever since that night at the pond, all I could think of was this moment. But it was all a waste. YOU'RE a waste." She took a shaky breath. "You're dead to me." She stated quietly.
"Then why don't you do everyone a favour and make me actually dead." He spat, her gaze narrowed and she pushed the gun harder to his head. "Shoot me. I dare you." He narrowed his own gaze.
"GLADLY!" She yelled.
Just as she was about to pull the trigger a boy came up behind her and pulled her away, taking the gun and handing it to another girl.
"Don't do this Cal, you'll regret it." The boy told her, trying to calm her down.
"NO I WON'T!" She flailed about in his grasp. "LET ME GO NEW YORK!" He looked at the other girl who let out a sigh.
"Cali, come with me." She stated, taking the flailing girl's hand and pulling her away.
"SHUT UP MASS! LET GO OF ME!" The other girl shot her a look and she stopped resisting.
She looked back to see the boy helping up their injured brother.
"We'll get you back with the others. We've found most of them. Still looking for a few though. Mississippi, Virginia, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Florida." The cold boy explained to the other leaning on him.
"I'll help look. I want to make sure they're ok." The taller boy weakly stated.
Upon hearing this the girl's tears worsened. She yelled back one final thing at him. One final thing that put the last nail in the coffin, and sealed their fates. Just three words and they would never look at each other the same way ever again.

"I HATE YOU!"