29. Number

We get in the bus, on the back seat again

He smiles at me and sets me on his lap. A teacher sits down next to us, frowning. "Are you feeling any better, Dane?" she asks. He looks up, confused, then nods. "Yes, thanks, Miss Blooms," he smiles.

"Teacher's pet," I tease and he smirks. "Hey, if I can make up for eating her donut last year, I will. She's nice."

I gasp. "That was you?" He nods, visibly proud of himself. I snuggle into him and he hugs me. Miss Blooms smiles at us. "You two are something. I have a nose for that," she smiles. I giggle and nod.

"Weren't you two the ones that slept together last night?" she asks and Dane nods. "Yes, but we didn't do anything. Just sleeping," he says. I roll my eyes and Miss Blooms chuckles. "Oh, I know, Dane. My room is next to Willow's. I did see you sneak in the first night," she winks.

Dane curses under his breath. "I'm sorry, Miss. It's just... we sleep better if we sleep together. Willow has nightmares, and I wake up every hour of the night. But when we're in each other's arms, that's not how it is."

I'm surprised he tells her all of this. But, I mean, it's right, so. 

She nods. "Let me look if I can arrange something. I like you two," she says and walks over to the other teachers. Surprised, I look at Dane. He smiles at me. "I like her."

I giggle and nod. Yeah, Miss Bloom is my favorite teacher too. 

She comes back with the widest smile. "Guess what? Dane can switch rooms," she says. I smile. "Thank you so much, Miss Blooms, we owe you." She waves it away. "Hardly."

The bus stops and we get out. That Eiffel Tower is huge. And romantic. Dane takes my hand in his and we walk to the Tower. The teachers speak again. "Okay! Everyone, listen up! You can walk around free for the next three hours. But, we want proof you've been in the Tower. A photo or keychain, whatever."

Dane and I decide to go to make some photos, my idea, and then we're going to make out on top of the Tower, his idea. We'll see about that.

After an hour of making photos, we choose the best one. It's obviously this one.

 It's obviously this one

He smirks at me. "Now we have proof, my idea?"  I roll my eyes. "Fine. But don't you have fear of heights?" He shrugs. "Depends on what I'm doing."

He takes his head in mine and leads me to the underside of the Eiffel Tower. He smiles at me and kisses me softly, cupping my face in his hands.

 He smiles at me and kisses me softly, cupping my face in his hands

The kiss seems to last forever, and that's not even enough. We spend the rest of the time kissing, eating ice cream and laughing. It's a great time.

But eventually, we have to go back to the bus. We're one of the first, but the other boys are already here, which surprises me. They roll their eyes at us when we appear. "I didn't expect you to be so early. What happened with making out on top of the Eiffel Tower?" Oliver smirks.

I shrug. "It was closed," I blush. Tyson cocks an eyebrow and points at us. "Bullshit! Then why do we have a picture of the sight when we were there?!" he yells. Dane chuckles. "Alright, fine. We did something else, happy now?"

Noah shivers. "Not really, but oh well." Everyone laughs. We get in the bus and Dane rests his head on my lap, gazing at the ceiling. Not for long, because his eyes close and he hugs me.

"Are you tired?" I ask, but already know the answer. He hums and nods. Tyson turns around, but sees Dane falling asleep on my lap and smiles at me. 'Is he asleep?' he mouths, and I nod. "Almost," I whisper and he nods, turning around again. 

Dane is now fully asleep, and I play with his hair. Miss Blooms smiles at me, and I smile back.

Sometimes, I wonder. I wonder if Tyson and the boys don't blame me for stealing him. But then again, they were with five, so always one of them had to sit alone. So I'm doing them a favor. 

Dane mumbles something and moves a bit. He almost fall of our bench, and I pull him up to my chest, so it's a little more appropriate. I don't mind when we alone, but in a bus with twenty other students and a few teachers? Nah uh.

His phone rings again. True Love from Pink plays again. I listen to the lyrics. "But I hate you, I really hate you, so much I think this must be TRUE LOVE!"

Of course. How did I not get it the first time? It's about us...

I take out his phone, seeing it's his Mom who called. His Mom? She never calls or texts...

I frown and hide his phone back in his pocket. I give him a kiss and he smiles. He looks so happy... because of me. It makes me smile broadly. He's happy because of me.

Noah smiles at me. I smile back and he looks around him for a sec, then stands up and walks over to me. 

Since Dane is almost on me, he can sit next to me, and so he does. "Willow, you're right. I need to ask him out. I need to stand up and do it myself. So, eh, what's his phone number?"

I giggle and give him my phone. He saves Jack's number in his and smiles at me. "Thanks, Willow, really. I really appreciate it. Can I give you something for your help?" Ahw, he's so soft it's making me melt.

I shake my head. "No. Your happiness is enough. I like you," I say and he smiles. "I hope so."