22. They should

He's so adorable

He's so adorable.

He smiles at me and takes my hand in his. "We still have thirty-five minutes break. Sit with me?" he asks, but his eyes are pleading me to. I nod and he smiles broadly. 

We walk back, holding hands, and I lean into his side when I notice Delilah glaring at me. He looks around, then narrows his eyes at her. "Keep walking, she's not worth it," I whisper and he sighs, but nods. 

He sits down, but the boys don't make room for me. I frown, feeling small. I tap Tyson's shoulder, but he rolls his eyes and turns from me. Huh?

I look at Dane, but he's talking to Nick. "Tyson?" I whisper, but he doesn't turn. I do notice he's listening, his posture changes a bit. "Did I do something wrong? Or did I not do anything I had to?"

I start panicking a little. These boys are everything I have as friends, and they're not talking to me. 

But Tyson turns around. "Willow, just fucking sit down," he grumbles and I quickly sit down between him and Oliver. Dane laughs at some joke of Nick,  and I get a feeling they don't want me here. But Dane asked me to...

I swallow and bend over for my backpack. I can read as well, if no one's talking to me...

I start reading. I'm just halfway my page when someone picks me up. I yelp, looking up to see Dane smiling at me. I look around, seeing everyone looking at me. "What's hap-" I start, but he cuts me off by kissing me.

Surprised, I giggle and pull away. "Dane, everyone is looking," I blush and he chuckles. He sits down on the place where I just sat and I snuggle into his chest. I start reading again, comfortable in his arms. 

I notice no one's talking any more, and I sigh, closing my book. "Hey! At least let me finish my sentence," Dane shouts and I roll my eyes. It's cute he's reading with me, but I want to know what's wrong with the guys.

"Guys, if you don't like having me here, just say so. I can go sit alone again, I don't mind," I tell them. Oliver chuckles. "Dane, she's not as smart as you think she is."

Auch?

I slump a little in Dane's chest. What's up with these boys?

Dane tenses. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" he spits out. His arms tighten around me and I hide my face in his neck. "Hey, don't take it personally, she's just not understanding it."

I narrow my eyes at them, standing up for myself. "What do I have to understand, Oliver, what? Why you guys are suddenly not talking to me? Why you're trying to make me cry?"

They all start laughing. "See, I told you she has some guts," Tyson shouts to Nick. I just look at them with wide eyes and jaw dropped. This was a test?

"Ah, fuck you," Dane snaps and gives me a kiss on top of my head. I look up at him, he really looks mad. "Dane, it's okay," I whisper, and he looks at me. "It's not."

He narrows his eyes at the rest of the boys. "Stop making fun of her, I swear. You guys are the worst friends ever." He stands up, still carrying me, and walks away.

"I'm sorry, Willow. I don't know what's wrong with them. It's not you, I promise," he whispers in my ear. We sit down on a stone bench in the park of the school and he takes my book out of my bag. "Let's read a bit, yes?"

I smile and nod, snuggling into his chest. He starts reading out loud for me again. 

(A/N Ikr)

(A/N Ikr)

I look at them through the window.

He's reading for her. Reading. That guy can't even get a B on his tests but he reads for her. I roll my eyes and walk back to our table.

I mean, we like her. We really do. But pranks are fun, and she's just so easy. And then Dane's gets all fucked up mad, and it's funny. But we do like her.

Nick chuckles. "I like their relationship," he shrugs, and I look at him. "She's taking our guy, Nicky. Open your eyes," I say and he narrows his eyes. "My name is Nick," he snaps. I roll my eyes.

"Are they even in a relationship? I know they've kissed, but Dane is not the guy for a relationship. He'll just fuck up Willow," I say, but they grumble in disagreement. "He's been waiting for this for four years, I think he can handle it," Oliver brings in.

True.

I shrug. "Why don't they join us, then?" I say and they go silent. "Because you idiots thought it would be funny to test her," Noah says and rolls his eyes. I raise my hands in defense. "Hey! It was a good prank, she completely believed it."

"And what did that bring you?" He cocks an eyebrow and I sigh. Nothing. "I don't want to ruin their time together, but if they were doing something else, I would leave you and go to them. It was not a good prank," he says and I sigh again.

Maybe they're right...

"Yeah, okay, you're right." He smirks. "Of course I am," he scoffs and I roll my eyes. Suddenly, a few students shout and point to something outside. Where Dane and Willow are sitting...

I stand up, and so do the others. We run outside, and stand still immediately when we see it. I could have thought it when I heard the music. It's the same as at the party, when Willow showed Dane's dancevideo.

They're dancing, next to each other. It's exactly in sync with each other, and it looks so cool. They dance perfectly on the music, and fast enough, everyone is looking at them. Dane is smiling. He's smiling the whole time.

So Willow and dance make him happy?

He's not at all what he showed us he was. Sure, I knew he liked Willow, but not this much. And dance? Not a fucking clue. I think it's cool, though. 

The music stops and everyone starts clapping, us too. Dane smiles at her, panting. Willow claps in her hands excitedly and runs to him. He can just catch her and holds her in the air. She smiles down at him and the second he sets her down, they start kissing.

I smile. They are a good couple.

I frown. "Are they together yet?" I whisper-ask and Noah shakes his head. 

"They should."