5. "I came for you"

"Ah, there's our genius!"

I giggle and hug Dad. He cocks an eyebrow. "Mister Seina, right?"  I nod and he sighs. "That jerk can't handle loosing against your Mom," he chuckles.

"I'm proud of you, Will," he smiles and I feel good. They always let me feel good when saying they're proud of me.

"Where's my little scientist?" Mom yells and hugs me. I smile and point at Dad. "He's there," I joke and Dad pouts his lips. Mom laughs and gives him his kiss. He smiles and watches her, with an in-love gaze in his eyes. 

They're so cute together.

"I want to be like you in the future," I say. Mom's head snaps to me, so does Dad's. We sit down in the living room. "Really? It's not like we achieved a lot," Mom says. I disagree. "You achieved a lot! A Nobel prize, children, a happy end," I reason.

Dad hugs Mom and gives her a kiss. "I agree with her. She's right," he smiles and Mom laughs. "Fine. Hey Willow, how's dance going?" she asks.

"Pretty good. I'm gonna try some more steps tonight, but I'll be back around eight for the story," I smile at Dad and his broad smile appears. "Okay. Don't push yourself, though. With the rugby and dancing. I trust you, but don't take too much on your plate, okay? Just know I'm already proud of you, whatever you do," he says and I smile.

"Thank you. Can I eat lunch here? We're free for two hours and I wanted to spend it with you," I say and they nod. "We're going after some sandwiches and we'll be back in thirty minutes. You okay alone for some time?" Mom asks and I nod.

They leave on their bikes and I walk upstairs, emptying my backpack. I normally don't go home for lunch, but if you have time left, why not? 

I keep thinking about what Dane said. It sounded like he wanted to say something different. Is it weird to be so close to your Mom and Dad? It feels perfectly fine to me.

The bell rings.

I frown. Did they forget something? I look outside and see it's raining. Ah. They probably came back to go with the car. I quickly run downstairs, not wanting to let them get too wet.

I open the door and freeze. Dane's standing at my door, all wet.

Dane.

Why?

"Gosh, what are you doing here? And it's raining! Come in," I say and pull him inside. "Jack's not here. I don't know where he is. You can go to his room," I say, walking towards the stairs again.

"I came for you."

I stiffen, not able to take another step. My heart skips a beat and I slowly turn around. "What?" I ask, confused. He sighs and rolls his eyes, leaning against the door frame. 

"I didn't come her for Jack, but for you," he repeats and I close my eyes for a minute. What? When I open them again, he's much closer and I take a few steps back. "Why?" I frown.

He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"That... partnership-ish thing? Let's do it now," he suggests. I raise an eyebrow. "You want to work on school with me? Do you even realize how suspicious that sounds?"

He narrow his eyes. "Fine. Nevermind. Do it all by yourself," he growls and turns around. He opens the door and walks in the rain. I hear his Jeep start and run to the window. He didn't drive away... Shall I run to him and tell him to stay?

His head rests on his steering wheel. I keep looking at him. What is he doing? 

Suddenly, he looks up and his eyes meet mine as if he knew I was watching. I pull out my phone.

Me: Get ur ass here

He smiles at me. A real smile. And then he opens his door and runs through the rain. I quickly open the door and let him in. He gives me a small box and walks upstairs after. I frown. Does he know where my room is? 

I open the box and roll my eyes. It's a note.

Bah. Did u really expected something? Loser

I can't help it, I giggle. I run upstairs, to my room and see he's sitting on my rug. He looks up at me. "I didn't want sit on your bed, with the rain and stuff," he says and I nod. "At least you know," I shrug.

"So... er... that project? Do you have a book in mind?" he asks and I glare at him. "I wanted to do Red, Whit and Royal Blue, but some jerk tore it in two," I snap.

His shoulders slump. "Stop it. Be serious," he says, not looking at me. I roll my eyes and walk over the my shelves. I slide my finger over the books and hear him stand up. "You're a nerd."

I turn around, narrowing my eyes at him. "Excuse me?" Unbelievable. Why did I ever let him in? He holds his hands up in defense. "Woah, just staying. No one has so much books as you do," he says.

"So? Books are nice. And they're not science or math, they're romance books," I snap. He rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Do you have a ook there for our project, miss 'romance books'?" he asks and I roll my eyes.

Just then I see the book I was searching for. Twilight. 

(A/N @Writingsmut0o0  @KisterBunnie yes. Another chap of that.)

I pick it up and show it to Dane. He groans. "No. Not Twilight. That's such an old book! Please tell me your not such an Edward-chick," he says and I roll my eyes.

"No, Jacob, happy now?" I roll my eyes again as he shakes his head. I sit down on the bed and he sits next to me. Ugh.

"Are you really on Jacob's team?" he asks and I shake my head. He lets out a breath. "Okay, I think we can do this then," he shrugs. I nod, turning some pages. "I liked the book," he lets me know.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You don't really think I believe you've read this book, do you?" I laugh. He sighs. "I did. Don't judge me," he jokes. 

"Fine. Just know I can do it by myself as well. You can go, I'll write your name on it and make sure to make it seem like you worked on it too," I say. He stiffens. "No."

I frown. "No? What do you mean no? I won't say anything, but you just sitting here doesn't really calms me and I need to concentrate for this," I tell him.

He stands up and walks to the door. "Fine. Do it yourself then," he growls and then leaves. I hear a door slam. "Hi coach," he says in a muffled voice, and the the front door shuts. 

Mom runs upstairs. "Willow? Did you know Dane was here or did he break into the house?" she asks me. I sigh. "We have a  project together and he suddenly came here. We started working on it, but I pissed him off," I smile at her. 

She rolls her eyes and her hand goes trough me hair. "I'm sure he's just upset because you didn't let him touch your books," she jokes and I laugh a little.