16. Eyeballs

"Oh, oh, you're dead

"Oh, oh, you're dead."

I raise an eyebrow at Jack and giggle. We're gaming again, and I'm obviously winning, but he doesn't want to give up. First, Dane was helping me, but I'm good enough and he lets me do my job.

I'm still sitting on his lap, because he thought he had to help more. Stupid. He's reading my book and every five pages, he tells me what happened and asks questions. I love his theories.

"NO! DID THEY REALLY KISS?" Dane yells, moving so fast I almost falls off his lap. He catches me and smirks, putting me back to my spot. "Yes, they did kiss. Now go on," I say and he reads the next page. 

I grin at Jack and he gulps. He knows I'll win. "Do you even want to try?" I giggle and he nods. "I can totally beat you. Dane was just helping you."

I scoff. Dane looks over the board of his book, not knowing why his name is mentioned. He frowns. "What? What did I do?" he asks, confused. Jack glares at him and he gulps. "Willow? Help me out?" he whispers and I giggle.

"He says you helped me win. That's not true, is it?" I ask and he shakes his head. He chuckles. "Sorry, man. Your sister is just way too good in this," he shrugs, then goes back to reading.

I giggle and stick out my tongue at Jack. He narrows his eyes at me and stands up. My eyes widen and I run away, upstairs. "Hey! What happened?" Dane yells and I hide under the blanket.

The door is locked, and Jack bangs on it. "Go away, loser!" I yell, laughing hard. "Hey! I didn't loose, you cheated!" he yells and I frown.

"I did not! I'm just way too good for you!" I shout back and I almost can hear him roll his eyes. He walks back downstairs, but then the door unlocks and I yelp. 

I exhale relieved when I see it's Dane. He looks confused. "What the hell?" He shakes his head and lays down on his bed, next to me. I'm laying on the edge, making distance. He switches off the light, and turns on a little lamp,, like last night.

He cocks an eyebrow. "We ain't playing this game again, Willow. C'mere." I giggle and shift closer to him, freeing my blanket and leaving it. He pulls me on his chest -his laying on his back again- and wraps his arms around me again.

Although his body is warm and his arms are wrapped around me, I'm cold. I start shivering, but try to hide it and close my eyes. The small lamp is still on, and I see he's still reading. I rest my chin on his chest so I'm looking at his face. "Read out loud for me, please."

He looks at me from behind his book and smiles. "Okay."

"Alex wants to grab Henry and shake him, wants to scream in his face, wants to smash every priceless antique..."

I fall asleep fast, with his deep voice reading my favorite book and caged in his arms. It feels perfectly made for me.

*************