Independence [Special Chapter]

Start from the beginning

The leader of the group, more commonly known as Dream, was crouched atop one of the walls.

Keeping his eyes on the children.

He'd had his own conflicts between the too teens, a scuffle between discs that didn't exactly end in his favor. Contrary to that however, he'd never even seen the young one up until now.

They were almost always kept at Wilbur's side. With the exception of when the president was speaking to Dream himself.

Had he been intentionally keeping his own child a secret? As it's true he knew of Fundy, but Fundy was old enough to at least try to defend himself.

That small of a child wouldn't be able to fight back if they tried.

~~~~

As the sun rose across the horizon, the men sharpened their tools, anxiety settled within their stomachs.

Today marked they day they would battle for their very lives. Everything was at stake.

History would be written on this sunrise.

And dare it was. The main five men charged into battle, Niki and Eden tucked away in the Caravan, Jack had left during the night to bring help if necessary.

The battle started with minor casualties, until the land had been rigged with explosives. Causing the five to make a run for the water. The first few explosions hit the van, Wilbur and Tommy grabbed Niki and Eden and made a break for the water.

Fresh burns formed on their skin, the pain pushed aside by the adrenaline.

All hope seemed lost.

They kept trying but with no success. Casualties were on the rise, and just as it seemed that they had no where to turn, Eret, suddenly had a word for the troops.

"I have a last resort, a secret weapon if you will."

This intrigued the boys.

Unknown to the white eyed traitor, a certain child followed them underground.

Not on their own accord however. Dream had somehow planted the notion that he could sweep up the Presidents youngest if he so wished into the troops minds. Making Wilbur keep them at his side for their "protection".

The room closed up, only after the click of the button and words of betrayal had echoed through the air had Eret taken notice of the child's presence, regret overtaking his body.

However.

They couldn't move. Before any reaction time had been given her friends had been taken down.

Wilbur covered Eden's body with his own. A desperate attempt for his child's safety.

Blood seeped through the back of his wound, staining both of their uniforms a deep crimson.

Sapnap, had taken notice to the child, after rendering their father practically dead.

"Uh Dream?" The bandana'd man called out, all the masked man wiped a young blondes blood off his own sword.

"Yeah?"

"What do we do about the little one?"

"Little one?" Dream asked. It was true that, he too hadn't taken notice to their presence, but took no thought into his answer.

"Kill 'em." He ordered, nonchalantly.

"Kill the kid-? I mean dude- are you sure?" Sapnap had trust in his friend yes, however he wasn't one to murder so aimlessly as to kill an unarmed kid.