Redemption: Act II

Start from the beginning

"The Progenitor of Time adores eternity that she was the personification of time itself while the Progenitor of Fate abhors humanity that she has free control over their fates." The voice laughed. "You, the Progenitor of Emotions, desire tranquility that you can feel these sensations yet you'll never be truly at peace. Don't you think your titles fit yourselves well?"

I cannot speak, I only feel and send emotions after all. But her words always make me wonder why is there always contempt and sorrow hidden behind it. There were times the voice spoke as though she knew of me more than I could ever know myself. She calls herself The Fallen Saintess of the White, she refers to herself as the cold of winter and the gentle fall of snows--and she named herself Aiònia.

"Do not wander in my tales, Progenitor."

I understand how her tale is a lore which is never mine to tell, I know so simply because I can sense a great power restricting even the flow of emotions around the identity of this voice.

"Instead, are you not curious about your name?"

I am aware of the existence of other Progenitors, I am also aware that they are the reason why I exist. However, I dislike the thought of mingling nor interacting with other powers due to the reason it could interrupt with this peace. Still, I naturally know both have their own names. I can feel both attachments and fond affections they have for each other unbefitting of a Progenitor of their caliber.

Progenitors are silent. They simply observe, watch, feel, and exist. There are no need for words, actions, nor unnecessary dealings with one another for we are powers that must only thrive for ourselves. I cannot comprehend why must they interrupt with the world enough that I can still feel traces of Time's power graced in one of the dimensions. There were evidents of Fate's meddling too, a continuous twist and turns of fates all to secure one soul's survival.

"That soul belonged to you. If they hadn't meddled, you could have had no such opportunity to exist. Your soul could have been lost, or worse...fade into nothingness."

I was told that my previous identity failed to destroy one thing that could cease the existences of Progenitors. Without Progenitors, the Cycle of Rebirth and Destruction as well as the process of life and death--would be lost until there is nothing left, not even space--and to think my previous identity ignored that threat is simply... unfathomable.

What could possibly be the reason for me to choose existence than oblivion? In oblivion, I would simply fade, my traces or even a memory of me would be long forgotten. It is perplexing that I do not seem to understand the reasoning and logic behind such decision, it baffles me so how I would rather settle to exist than not exist at all when I would want nothing more than the latter.

Why would I choose to let that threat of a Grimoire be in the hands of lowly mortals, the same ones that created it in the first place to reduce one of us to banishment? I must have been weak, I must have been indeed. Because had I been more powerful, that Grimoire could have already been long destroyed by my own hands no matter what the consequences were.

"You speak how the 'could have been' so easily for you are the Progenitor now and not that simple mortal who willingly gave in to her own tragedy."

Life merely is a tragedy if we let others make it so for us. But most mortals are powerless against life that they can only turn to death since it would appear as the only escape. That is where humans are good at, they tend to excell well in being weak and venerable--I can tell from just from feeling every single emotion pulsing right through this void.

"You govern all the things that travel between Life and Death. You are a hallow void that feels, a nothingness that knows. You, despite being but a mere concept without any form, is what keeps all creations alive."