Chapter Seventy-Three

The Edge of the Ceasing War

Witnessing the strange way the sky would form those monochrome clouds would always make me feel opposite of constricted, like I could just stare right at it for hours without minding much of the world. But there would always be that fear lingering in my subconsciousness that would somehow just pull all that warm feeling out and replace it with anxiety that in the end, I would refuse to look at it.

However, gazing from down below and being in a position where one does not need to look up--is different. I realized then how powerful it makes people feel when they are able to look down from below, or perhaps not many share my sentiment. I wasn't truly the most clearest person out there, my words and actions are always vague, laced with meanings only a few could uncover. It wasn't that I wanted to keep myself mysterious, I just don't understand myself most of the time that before I knew it, I was seen that way by most.

I only think about the end results. However and whatever method I use to get there do not matter as long as I achieve my goal. Although I do plan my actions, I have always been the kind that would give up even when just a simple mistake is made. I used to fear failures that my plans always do not have an option for any inconvenience. No matter what happens, I will push through my plans, it was either do or die, either black or white, either good or bad--I've always seen the world in a convenient way like that.

For me, there is only the finish line and despite having numerous options to get there, I would only choose the path that would utilize everything I have just so to make the end worth it. This war, is just another hindrance for me. I've stopped doing everything for the stupid reason of "serving my purpose". Now that I actually thought of it, it seemed really naïve. I have decided to do this because ending this current era under my name would be greatest way to end this life.

Most people knew me as the villain, there might be some that revered me as hero--and I think it's convenient, people seeing me as either black or white. But even white could be coloured in darkness and even black could be washed away into something pure. The colour of my eyes, pales of blue, was a sign that something will end. I could choose to end my bloodline, or my enemies, or destroy countries one after another--all because I have the power to do so.

But no, amongst all of the options--I chose to end this era. The world can't exactly blame me for making that decision, can it? Fate and other similar concepts no longer work on me, nothing will hinder me from destroying the root or the main reason why this world is crumbling apart. A world of freedom, tranquil peace, and a world without these ceaseless wars.

Who doesn't want those? I know it sounds like a pipe dream, it's impossible to make the world perfect. But I wasn't exactly trying to make this world perfect in the first place. I merely want to stop this world from the inevitable destruction and that is through destroying the World's Organization, the root of all of these problems.

Ah, since when did I become such a heroic person? The thought makes me laugh. But I would gladly become one, if it was for the sake of the people I care about. I could have ran away, disappear somewhere anyone wouldn't be able to find. Perhaps I could settle down somewhere, live my life in peace after finding out that I don't really have to destroy that Grimoire. For some time there, I didn't mind losing all my progress, all my hardwork, the sacrifices I made--I didn't mind giving up on them all.

"Then let us use you."

When Iyana told me that, she had that look in her eyes as though I would disappear. They asked me eventually to help them destroy the World's Organization and frankly, I could have outright refused them and truly vanish somewhere. That was when I realized I don't exactly have anywhere to go, that no matter what, I would always face the same trace of battlefield I left--thus, I agreed. They can use me, use this power that I have no need of, and I would willingly offer them everything.